Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Transaxle yes, power glide I have no clue. Sucks that that is my absolute dream car other than it being an automatic and I haz no money.... Someday..... Hopefully this new life adventure plays out well and I'll be able to build all my dream cars. I'm not greedy as I don't want to keep them all, I just want to build them...

That is was I truly love....the building.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not sure if I love the building or the cruising more... The building is just what I do, I love it. The cruising is my release... I took the better part of today off and just drove around to process...

To me the search for the right car.
    The ideas as they develop and change as to what is needed.
    Gathering the parts/pieces and then changing my mind usually about how fast I want it to be.
    The process of building it. The hands on part. How do I get this where I want it to be with these tools and my skills. Always pushing those limits.
    The final assembly and run up of the package.
    Tuning it/adjusting everything/searching for the point I am satisfied.
    Driving/racing it.
    Selling/trading and starting the whole thing over. Getting better with every one.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    To me the search for the right car.
    The ideas as they develop and change as to what is needed.
    Gathering the parts/pieces and then changing my mind usually about how fast I want it to be.
    The process of building it. The hands on part. How do I get this where I want it to be with these tools and my skills. Always pushing those limits.
    The final assembly and run up of the package.
    Tuning it/adjusting everything/searching for the point I am satisfied.
    Driving/racing it.
    Selling/trading and starting the whole thing over. Getting better with every one.
    Well said. I'm the same way. The lemans is the exception, usually we buy them then instantly tear them apart and restore them. This car is different, I convinced my dad to leave it and just drive it. It has a completely different feel, I don't think it will ever get fully restored and it certainly will not leave my possession while I'm still breathing. It's become part of the family....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well said. I'm the same way. The lemans is the exception, usually we buy them then instantly tear them apart and restore them. This car is different, I convinced my dad to leave it and just drive it. It has a completely different feel, I don't think it will ever get fully restored and it certainly will not leave my possession while I'm still breathing. It's become part of the family....

I was that attached to a few over the years but life can be cruel.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Had a good day at the show. I'm burnt... Took a dip in my gma's pool and feel much better. Time for some relaxing. Saw lots of really cool cars, but anymore unless I can get in them and drive them I'm not interested. Met a lot of really cool people and that's why I go to shows anymore.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Someday I'll have to try out shows up north, I usually stay in the south and west.
    Today's show is the biggest in the area. Number of cars was down because of the heat, but still about 400 cars showed up. There was a whole street full of Mopars, I don't know where they parked all their trailers. :dunno: :stickpoke: :p

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Today's show is the biggest in the area. Number of cars was down because of the heat, but still about 400 cars showed up. There was a whole street full of Mopars, I don't know where they parked all their trailers. :dunno: :stickpoke: :p

took this to car show in Bloomfield today........

28vvq6t.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom