• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm finding a lot of 94-96 Impalas in decent condition with low miles that just need some cosmetic work and paint. I'm getting tempted as a flipper project. I'd like a full size car for highway driving.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Give it an engine transplant and you have a nice sleeper. That is the only way I would leave it that shade of green.

502 GM crate engine. Leave it as is with the 502 HP rating and have some fun.

It might be an anemic Saginaw gear box that would require and upgrade as well.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    It's so hard for me to wrap my head around today's prices. I spent most of my life in the aftermarket(TRW, Federal-Mogul) and during those years I had access to free parts and cars with a much lower price tag. It was not too many years ago when you could by a car like that '69 in the thousands, not the 10's of thousands.

Oh well, I have to accept that I had my fun years ago and the past is behind me. I would still like to have a nice older car one day and maybe it will happen, you never know.:)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's so hard for me to wrap my head around today's prices. I spent most of my life in the aftermarket(TRW, Federal-Mogul) and during those years I had access to free parts and cars with a much lower price tag. It was not too many years ago when you could by a car like that '69 in the thousands, not the 10's of thousands.

Oh well, I have to accept that I had my fun years ago and the past is behind me. I would still like to have a nice older car one day and maybe it will happen, you never know.:)

As with anything the flippers and carpet baggers get into the mix and push the prices up with profit in mind.
    Every car show on the tube is predicated on turning a "Huge Profit" which pushes up prices as well.
    Realistically that is a 15K car max in the current market. Might not bring 10K but I have been wrong before.

58,000 mile original (save paint) car would bring a good price on the auction block. The 307 is idiotic.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    I have only watched one auction and that was a few years ago. I know the cars that were being auctioned were very, very nice but...... it was more of a pissing contest between bidders. The only reason I could see why some of the cars went so high was people wanting to show they had more money to blow than the other guys. A Chevelle like Rusty posted would have sold for twice that asking price. Completely redone, it would have went for 3 times that much.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yup, the Auburn Auction is coming up in a month or so. I'm interested to see what stuff is selling for. Last year in the spring I watched lipstick covered rusty old pickups selling upwards of $10k.... Still had rot holes in the bed floor, the cab corners and rockers were full of mud... Just made me sick.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yup, the Auburn Auction is coming up in a month or so. I'm interested to see what stuff is selling for. Last year in the spring I watched lipstick covered rusty old pickups selling upwards of $10k.... Still had rot holes in the bed floor, the cab corners and rockers were full of mud... Just made me sick.

Believe it or don't many of those cars/trucks rolled through another auction with in a few weeks looking for a profit.
    Watch the "Whats my car worth" series. It is pretty informative as to where our car passion is at right now.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The Hooley Auction is coming up in Valpo...I think the first weekend in August. Some of those cars go ridiculously low based on past auctions we have attended. Others...go for crazy amounts. We have fun just going to see what is there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom