• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    IIRC Pontiac had 326/350 HO's that were 4 barrels and even a slick little 6 cylinder OHC that had a 4 barrel.
    This thread has brought back a lot of memories.
    The Sprint 6 is an awesome engine. There were two at the show last week. One restored and one barn find. The barn find was a drop top with a manual trans. Very cool.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I can also think of more than a few cars I would rather sink the money into as well. Hell, I'd do a monster Miata before the Fiero and I am not a fan of Blue Ovals or Miatas.
    I'd have a hard time deciding between a swapped fiero and a swapped Miata... The fiero is at least, or was cool at one point... The Miata is still and always will be a chick car...

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    I'd have a hard time deciding between a swapped fiero and a swapped Miata... The fiero is at least, or was cool at one point... The Miata is still and always will be a middle to senior aged man who can't buy a Vette car...

FTFY. That's who I see driving them now, we have 3 or 4 customers who fit that bill. Lol.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'd have a hard time deciding between a swapped fiero and a swapped Miata... The fiero is at least, or was cool at one point... The Miata is still and always will be a chick car...

Yes....BUT the requirement to have a mullet :mullet: to drive the Fiero really makes it a hard choice!

raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    Don't remember the guy's name, the host of that show "Ridez" or something, he built a Miata with a V8. Try something like that, kind of like back in the day a guy who shoehorned a 350 into a TR7.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    Seems like I once heard a story about a guy stuffing an American v8 into a small light British sports car... :dunno:

The same guy actually did that with two British sports cars. The less famous car was canceled when another company bought one of the British companies and thought it would be weird offering warranties on Ford motors.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    IIRC Pontiac had 326/350 HO's that were 4 barrels and even a slick little 6 cylinder OHC that had a 4 barrel.
    This thread has brought back a lot of memories.

When we (3 of us) were buying wrecked/stripped/repo'd cars and doing the fix it and flip it deal we came across one of those Fire birds with the OHC 6 with the small 4 barrel (Q jet if memory serves) that had a couple of bad "Followers" that had to be replaced.
    My buddy got a hair up his tail and laid a slick as hell black Lacquer paint job on it. He bought us out on it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom