Not open for further replies.

Chevyman540

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    LaPorte
    OK.....long time no up-dates on your project....?????

Working on it a few hours everyday. Slow going just about done with the electrical stuff, oil and fuel lines are done. Pulled the center section out yesterday to fix a leak. rear brake line from the master cylinder have to be made up today. The interior maybe over the weekend. Hopefully by next Wednesday it will be running and moving around. Goal is to take it to the Lane Automotive show up in Michigan on the 5/27.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    "Fixed"y missing core support bolt/mount. She decided she didn't want to be apart of the car anymore on 25 heading back from Lafayette... Car needs a core support as it's rotten around those holes, but some sandwiched plate stell will have to do. Need more power before we make the body solid. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I pretty much have my rotating assembly picked out, just need to decide what heads and cam I'm gonna run before I make the purchase. Also decided today that the T&D shaft rocker assembly as well as the fuel injection are gonna have to wait for another time.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Been working on getting the bird back together and out of winterization. Gotta go pick up a case of Royal Purple, fill it with oil, charge the battery and fill it with water and she will be running this weekend. Plan is to get it on scales and get all the set up work done on Saturday. Then go around and "nut & bolt" everything. Aftet all that I will spend an evening or two going through everything in the trailer. It's about time to get a little bit rowdy. Lol

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I pretty much have my rotating assembly picked out, just need to decide what heads and cam I'm gonna run before I make the purchase. Also decided today that the T&D shaft rocker assembly as well as the fuel injection are gonna have to wait for another time.

Good pick on the T&D rockers (when you are able). Good stuff good company to do business with

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

If I did not already have a solid base with the stroker I would be struggling to replicate it. Good parts aint cheap.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Good pick on the T&D rockers (when you are able). Good stuff good company to do business with
    I was impressed with the set that I fondled. There is a set hiding under the stock valve covers of that 428CJ. I had quite a bit of work in those covers so they would clear the shafts. On a Pontiac, they don't make a true one piece shaft system, just cylinder pairs, but I'd like to run them. Just not gonna be able to set aside the $1400 for it right now. :):

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    If I did not already have a solid base with the stroker I would be struggling to replicate it. Good parts aint cheap.
    It's very true that you get what you pay for. I am not building a high power beast (honestly a stock rebuild would be fine for me), but I want good parts and want the engine to be as efficient as possible. It's not gonna be cheap, but I want the build to be overkill for the power level. I do not ever want to have to build this thing again, and she will be with me till I die.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's very true that you get what you pay for. I am not building a high power beast (honestly a stock rebuild would be fine for me), but I want good parts and want the engine to be as efficient as possible. It's not gonna be cheap, but I want the build to be overkill for the power level. I do not ever want to have to build this thing again, and she will be with me till I die.

The 64 is my last go round. I am doing the Olds power train for my young friend. I have a Big bore stroker Harley engine (all after market) coming over to do. Manny's Riviera will need my attention. When I get the SS done I might be close to calling it.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It's been about 15 years since I seriously tore into anything and the one thing I'm learning that has changed is that you don't have "parts stores" anymore; you have automotive replacement parts boutiques and "counter men", you know the kind: grease under their finger nails, dirty tennis shoes and a wicked primered something sitting out in the parking lot, have been replaced with "customer service reps". Oh my GAWD it's frustrating as hell trying to find a non-stock part for a car that doesn't exist in the computer!!:xmad:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's been about 15 years since I seriously tore into anything and the one thing I'm learning that has changed is that you don't have "parts stores" anymore; you have automotive replacement parts boutiques and "counter men", you know the kind: grease under their finger nails, dirty tennis shoes and a wicked primered something sitting out in the parking lot, have been replaced with "customer service reps". Oh my GAWD it's frustrating as hell trying to find a non-stock part for a car that doesn't exist in the computer!!:xmad:

Speedway Auto parts. Lynhurst and Washington Street. It is one of those stores. Real car guys selling real car parts. Might be a drive for you but they always come through for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom