• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I just pulled the pumpkin out of a 54 year old car that hasn't been driven in over 20 years; WOW I'd have never thought that 90 wt gear oil could be used as wheel bearing grease! I wish I had taken a picture of it but when I pulled the pumpkin I got very little oil coming out of it and just thought it was low on fluid as it has been leaking around the pinion seal since I bought it 1 1/2 years ago. When I looked up in the housing it literally looked like it had a couple of quarts of bearing grease stuffed in there. I just scooped it out by hand! Always check ALL the fluids in those barn finds kiddies!
    Yes sir! I have done this many many times...

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Still smelled like 90 wt but not nearly as strong. I can still smell it on my fingers though even after washing my hands several times with various cleaners.

I pulled the cover of a grenaded 7.5 I was replacing with an 8.8 in a 86 GT Mustang. Man was it bad. I had to burn my shirt because my mom wouldn't let me wash it in her washer. I tried Dawn and a hose but it was hopeless. I loved that shirt.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I pulled the cover of a grenaded 7.5 I was replacing with an 8.8 in a 86 GT Mustang. Man was it bad. I had to burn my shirt because my mom wouldn't let me wash it in her washer. I tried Dawn and a hose but it was hopeless. I loved that shirt.

I'm sure we've ruined many a closet full of clothes between all of us. Bad thing for me is it's been awhile since I've had actual "working on the car" clothes so the GF doesn't really understand the concept and tries to right the wrongs I've put upon various pieces of clothing since I started this project last year!:laugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm sure we've ruined many a closet full of clothes between all of us. Bad thing for me is it's been awhile since I've had actual "working on the car" clothes so the GF doesn't really understand the concept and tries to right the wrongs I've put upon various pieces of clothing since I started this project last year!:laugh:

My spouse learned long ago to separate my shop cloths from the good stuff. She had an old st of bath towels that she would run through the machines after doing my shop cloths and regular work uniforms. It kept the nasty's left inn the washer in check.
    Worked pretty well actually. The towels saw duty washing the vehicles.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yeah buddy gotta have garage clothes seperated from the nice clothes. I'm lucky in the sense that I can always just throw on a work uniform and let the laundry service deal with it

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Detailed the wife's 528 for her and waxed it, washed my VFR and took it for a spin, then... I cleaned out the garage... and she says "why don't you sell that thing?" Ugh... nope. Granted, I didn't get much done this winter but it is only a 1 car garage with no heat. Trying to do an addition and got quoted $46k for a 22x30 foot garage addition. :n00b: Guess I'm pulling home owner permit and doing it myself.

fronttireson.JPG

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Detailed the wife's 528 for her and waxed it, washed my VFR and took it for a spin, then... I cleaned out the garage... and she says "why don't you sell that thing?" Ugh... nope. Granted, I didn't get much done this winter but it is only a 1 car garage with no heat. Trying to do an addition and got quoted $46k for a 22x30 foot garage addition. :n00b: Guess I'm pulling home owner permit and doing it myself.

fronttireson.JPG

Well it will double as a wheel barrow........:)

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

fronttireson.JPG

Oh don't worry even a 24x36 fills up and every flat surface at some point will become a work bench

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

fronttireson.JPG

Maybe covered upstream, what is it? Looks like gm wheels. . .

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

fronttireson.JPG
    Looks like a good start on a really cool wheelbarrow!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom