Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It broke my heart to sell it...giggly and gooey is the spot on description CM.

I literally wept when my 64 chevel rolled off the mecum auction block into a new owners hands.
    You put in all the time/energy/money and build something from near nothing. Intentions are to keep it. Life happens and hurdles block your path. You look to your inventory of goods and services for some relief. You sell what you can and work your butt off. Then you start anew.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I literally wept when my 64 chevel rolled off the mecum auction block into a new owners hands.
    You put in all the time/energy/money and build something from near nothing. Intentions are to keep it. Life happens and hurdles block your path. You look to your inventory of goods and services for some relief. You sell what you can and work your butt off. Then you start anew.
    The circle. I've been caught there :). I always look forward to the next one. I've been pondering a trade deal my father mentioned to me. Basically swapping cars with him. I drive the crap out of his lemans and my GP just sits because I don't have the money to put in it so I can trust it over the road any distance. He's getting to the point where driving a stick car, operating the clutch is bothering his back and leg. The lemans is more of what I want to build and I have more fun driving it. I like looking at the GP more and it's a nicer car, but I'd hate to mess it up with my visions of a vintage styled road race car. The lemans fits the description better.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That is badass. Reminds me of the video they showed before the 500 of AJ Foyt beating on his own car mid race. Drivers used to be more than just drivers.... They used to build and know how to work on the cars.

That looks like a flathead Ford.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    RR update. Been busy, trying to get her back on her feet for the first time in 18 months. RF caliper is giving me fits, will have to wait till tomorrow. Car came in the shop with a Wilwood manual front disc system, we'll see how well it stops...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom