• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    I like the traction control arms.

When I was first getting to cars my freind was a mopar fanatic. First it was a 69 roadrunner with 383 then he found this 66 Coronet, with a who knows how much HP 440, big cam, 915 closed chamber heads, 4spd, 3.91 gears and it was quiet. Back in the 80's for $1500, a real sleeper. The only thing it had for traction control was the pinion snubber.

He didn't know what he had either so....got up beside this Chevy at a red light they're smiling and laughing at this powder blue yard boat. Light turns green, the Chevy takes off hard while Dave's dumping the clutch and that car went violently hopping to the right then the left. He looked at me and said what do I do? I said let off the gas a little. He did and it was like being in sling shot the way it launched. We caught up to him going in 2nd and passed that Chevy in a blur then shifted to third with no clue how fast we going then. They don't make them like that for $1500.00 no more.

¥¥¥¥¥ These are pics from Internet, imagine no chrome, centerline type wheels and single head lights instead of 4 like pics on Internet. With clean lines and no rust, Wow, what a car. ¥¥¥¥¥

Attachments

• image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      41.4 KB · Views: 4
    • image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      58.5 KB · Views: 4
    Last edited:

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    RR update. Been busy, trying to get her back on her feet for the first time in 18 months. RF caliper is giving me fits, will have to wait till tomorrow. Car came in the shop with a Wilwood manual front disc system, we'll see how well it stops...

The chain hanging down reminds me of the time the motor mount broke on my 72 Charger! That was the quick fix back in the day.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Took me a couple days but read this entire thread. You guys have real serious talent.

Me, I'm just amateur that loves muscle cars with no pics of his old cars, just memories.

Rusty Hornet: Those old mopars really do have some quirks anti-reduction starters, left hand threads and right hand threads on the tire lug bolts. Think they quit doing that in 1970 or so...

My older freind put it well.... mopars were go fast, rattle traps. That sums up why they were so cheap and fast back in the early 80's. Which was great kid in high school.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The chain hanging down reminds me of the time the motor mount broke on my 72 Charger! That was the quick fix back in the day.
    Lol. This one has a torque strut to keep the engine from going though the hood. The chain is holding the engine off the firewall, the extra chain is just wrapped around the header.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Stopped by a good friends custom paint shop to check on the progress he is making on his current project and he had some questions.
    1953 Ford F-100.
    After market frame and suspension.
    One of the "Good" FE blocks sporting Edelbrock heads/Comp Hyd. Roller/a strocker crank that puts it right at 468 C.I.'s/Electronic fuel injection/MSD ignition and a host of other goodies. The exhaust manifolds are from the day........
    The wiring is temp just to get the engine fired and check the F.I. curves etc.
    Chassis is pretty much done save for the usual tweaking.
    The body is being done in "Patina" and will be just so cool.
    Interior will be top shelf with A/C and other cool items.

Wiring loom is being made for the truck so everything in the pic is Temp.

There is a set of horns for the injectors.

Components are all top shelf

This will ride and handle like a new rig.

All the damage on the truck was roughed in towards repair, painted silver and sanded for the "Patina"

It is much better in person.

I will post up pics as this progresses.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    CM, I didn't see any questions in your post? Or perhaps he had questions for you?

I'd strongly recommend against the stock exhaust manifolds. They were plenty restrictive on anything 390 or larger. Never mind a stroker in the 468 neighborhood. Major inversion if that cam has any real overlap to it.

I'd be calling Kook's or see what Burns could whip up. Not cheap, but headers that actually fit are the epitome of the "buy once, cry once" school of thought.

Regardless, still going to be a sweet truck! Pics when it's done, please.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    re: post #542. I'm a total sucker for any late 68-70 Mopar B body!

But you haven't lived until you've ridden in a big block powered A-body. 572 stroker in a 2800# Dart.

bigblockdart.com Who needs a/c or power steering?

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    re: post #542. I'm a total sucker for any late 68-70 Mopar B body!

But you haven't lived until you've ridden in a big block powered A-body. 572 stroker in a 2800# Dart.

bigblockdart.com Who needs a/c or power steering?
    Sounds like somebody needs to come pick me up and take me for a ride... :):

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    CM, having worked on 2 FE fords the last couple years, one a 450 CI stroker the other a 428 CJ. Those manifolds look like factory cast iron headers? They aren't exactly common. Also, not exactly an engine design I'd choose for a hot rod build.... The 450 we did got a set of hookers, which we had to beat into submission to fit, the 428 wore the OG manifolds.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    CM, I didn't see any questions in your post? Or perhaps he had questions for you?

I'd strongly recommend against the stock exhaust manifolds. They were plenty restrictive on anything 390 or larger. Never mind a stroker in the 468 neighborhood. Major inversion if that cam has any real overlap to it.

I'd be calling Kook's or see what Burns could whip up. Not cheap, but headers that actually fit are the epitome of the "buy once, cry once" school of thought.

Regardless, still going to be a sweet truck! Pics when it's done, please.

Look closely....those are the hi-flow factory S/S pieces. He had 2 sets he bought brand new in the box from a Ford guy. the other set went on his 1960 Starliner with almost an identical engine. They caused mo issues at all.

He had questions for me about wiring and some suspension adjustments.
    I am also going to put the Vintage Air system in it when the cab is set on the chassis.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    CM, having worked on 2 FE fords the last couple years, one a 450 CI stroker the other a 428 CJ. Those manifolds look like factory cast iron headers? They aren't exactly common. Also, not exactly an engine design I'd choose for a hot rod build.... The 450 we did got a set of hookers, which we had to beat into submission to fit, the 428 wore the OG manifolds.

They are the good ones from ford.....He likes the look.

In reality he will never ring that out to its intended limits. He might stab it getting on the hiway or give it a goose occasionally.
    "I" on the other hand will be helping him tune it and trust when I say the Ford will have its tongue hanging out when I get done with it.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    They are not really hot rods but I thought I would share anyway. I will get pictures of a Shelby GT500 we have in the shop when it is moved to a better spot and out from under the car cover.

This is a customer's 1941 Plymouth P12 Special Deluxe. Mostly all original.
    CwQPfWs.jpg

fJ9op8W.jpg

This is a different customer's ( same that owns the GT500) Lamborghini GT350

w4xqyup.jpg

eJaMFT6.jpg

ugVA84n.jpg

4iRwbJm.jpg

It's kind of neat getting old cars in because most of the cars and trucks we see are just normal every day vehicles.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    For you mouse man. Just got done doing little bit of work to this. Yes I do fit and yes it's a lot of fun to drive.

The rear end on this came from an MG Midget. It was the perfect width for this project. Switching from chain drive to shaft drive was the biggest challenge, but a 90 degree gear box took care of that. It's the only Hondamatic of its kind :)

P1010018.jpg

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    The GT350 is the car Lamborghini built after Enzo Ferrari pissed him off. I think this car is the 17th made. When I took the pictures, it needed the generator replaced and we had to wait for it to be shipped in from Italy. My boss let me pull it out in front of the shop to take those pictures.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom