• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Back in the early 80's friend had a 69 RR. Wow, what a fun car, it converted me over to mopars. Owned a couple Chargers, 318 dart and a 340 Cuda, that was faaaassst. Geez....back when then they were $1000-1500 dollar cars.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Is that a 195x Chevy behind it? Black and Red.
    56 Buick. I really don't like talking about that car... It's one that the owner of the shop brought in because it's one of his friends cars... I've never met the guy and the car has been here almost as long as me, 5 years or so. It's been kind of a filler work car, the guy that did the body work no longer works for us, it's a mud buggy... Not the way we do things, I did final block and paint it. Paint looks awesome, rest of it is "meh". Finally just got word that the chrome is done after about 16 months and $12,000 later... Sometimes I wonder what the hell people are thinking putting money in some cars, it's cool but it's a 4 door and nobody appreciates them...

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Back in the early 80's friend had a 69 RR. Wow, what a fun car, it converted me over to mopars. Owned a couple Chargers, 318 dart and a 340 Cuda, that was faaaassst. Geez....back when then they were $1000-1500 dollar cars.
    This is the first mopar we've restored. It's been quite an interesting experience. I've always liked them, now I love them, but you'll never hear me say that out loud. They have certain quirks I'm just not used to. I am a huge fan of the way they are built though.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    RR update. Been busy, trying to get her back on her feet for the first time in 18 months. RF caliper is giving me fits, will have to wait till tomorrow. Car came in the shop with a Wilwood manual front disc system, we'll see how well it stops...

Looks good, I put 4 wheel disc brakes on the Charger. Had to start from scratch as the brakes on it were totally gone.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I used the Summitt brand name stuff, looked at the Wilwood but other than the interesting calipers I didn't see a lot of advantage for what I do with the car. They work fine although I haven't made any power stops with them, with all the rubber under the car regular braking pressure does a good job. I'll see if I have some pictures somewhere and post them up.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The system that's on this car is not what we would have put on it if we were ordering. It's their lightweight drag racing set up. This car orginally had the bigger heavy duty drums, they are long since gone. We had another set back on it today. There was supposed to be a brand new TCI 727 in it. Well it was getting torn down to reseal, upon inspection it is a factory stock unit that the previous "builder" spray painted black and put a TCI sticker on...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom