Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The guys we're talking last week while at the Spring Rod Run.
    We decided that unless you're a girl you will never say "Those tires are too wide on the back of that car"
    Just like saying "I have too much bacon on my BLT"

Words no guy should ever say.

I did high high five my buddies when a Pro Street Chevelle drove past and my 8 yr old grandson said "Poppy what kind of gas is that car using, it smells Good?" I told him that's racing fuel. He said I like it.
    Fellas I thing we have another Gear head in the making.

Add some bean (Castor) oil to the aroma mix and he would be in Nirvana.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The guys we're talking last week while at the Spring Rod Run.
    We decided that unless you're a girl you will never say "Those tires are too wide on the back of that car"
    Just like saying "I have too much bacon on my BLT"

Words no guy should ever say.

I did high high five my buddies when a Pro Street Chevelle drove past and my 8 yr old grandson said "Poppy what kind of gas is that car using, it smells Good?" I told him that's racing fuel. He said I like it.
    Fellas I thing we have another Gear head in the making.

:yesway: all I can say about that

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    The lemans has some pretty wide tires front and rear.

I read your post in the Tim the tool man voice with grunts after.

I do do like the looks of a restored 4x4 running stock look. Even the red line tires on an old restored mustang or Camaro, but if the vehicle has the Serious bidness wide rear tire setup I will never wish it didn't.

Even this car has too much gap between the tires.

3B2B9FE4-EAE3-4927-8574-5FC818E2ED42_zps96uuiw8y.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Oh and I was extremely impressed with the RAM today. 6.7 is a beast. Truck handled the road well, rode nice, pulled awesome, was comfortable. I had to test her out a little, she pulls REALLY well. Last stretch on the way home was spent mostly at 80mph, couldn't even tell trailer was back there. Averaged about 12mpg.

Told ya!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Welp this isn't cool.... We now get to yank out the brand new Ford crate engine and ship it back north... Our diagnosis tells us #4 rod bearing. We are 98% positive they will try to blame us... We didn't have a very good feeling about this this when it showed up and we took the pan off, standard grade 8 bolts holding everything together, no washers... But we know it's gonna be our fault because we had to change the pan, water pump and damper for our application...

This is why we recommend we build an engine rather than buy a crate. No control over anything in this situation. Personally, if it were my car, I'd call Ford and *****, but still fix it myself.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Welp this isn't cool.... We now get to yank out the brand new Ford crate engine and ship it back north... Our diagnosis tells us #4 rod bearing. We are 98% positive they will try to blame us... We didn't have a very good feeling about this this when it showed up and we took the pan off, standard grade 8 bolts holding everything together, no washers... But we know it's gonna be our fault because we had to change the pan, water pump and damper for our application...

This is why we recommend we build an engine rather than buy a crate. No control over anything in this situation. Personally, if it were my car, I'd call Ford and *****, but still fix it myself.

I would never opt for a crate engine. Just my basic nature. I want to have some control over the end product.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We told him numerous times not to do it... He was adamant about it... Wanted the warranty. Well he gets it and the car is down for most of the summer now..

The issue of warr. is a false narrative. You pay for it. It is factored in to the cost.
    Then collecting on it is again, a waste of valuable time. Are they paying you to pull the engine. That aint free.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom