• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That is very much like what I would want. I am a minimalist so I would want it clean. I want a carb motor, no computers. I would be okay with upgrading brakes and suspension but I don't need to go to air bags with in-car controllers.

I really should unsubscribe to this thread. It's torturing me and I might do something rash!:)
    Do it! You've talked about it enough!

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Whew! I was lucky enough to beat the freeze and got our engine winterized last weekend. Water drained, fogging oil in the cylinders, loosened rockers to take pressure off valve springs, and got the slicks in the basement. Now comes the long wait till April

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Whew! I was lucky enough to beat the freeze and got our engine winterized last weekend. Water drained, fogging oil in the cylinders, loosened rockers to take pressure off valve springs, and got the slicks in the basement. Now comes the long wait till April
    Mine will get driven so long as there is no snow on the ground and if I had snow tires, it would get driven then. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Many of those I ran with did not understand the valve spring thing.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Back to thinking about what to build for a power plant. I can't make up my damn mind. The idea of as many cubes as I can get is enticing, but the car doesn't need it for the type of driving I do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom