Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well now that my racing season is over and we are headed into the colder months, I plan to get started and hopefully finish the sheet metal work on my ol' Fox Body Mustang. It's a project that is taking much longer than I would have liked but putting the family first has caused me to put the car on the back burner several times. Hopefully the winter will be mild so I can get after it. Will have to do some patch work on the rockers, open up the bottom of the rear wheel wells, patch a hole in the quarter, and make a rear bulkhead. If I get all that done I might be able to fit the fiberglass front end on by early spring. With some luck I might even get the engine/trans mocked up so I can get it out to paint next summer. I got high hopes. Lol

When we were racing 2 cars every weekend my time to get anything else done was seriously limited.
    Add into that mix finding, picking up (In New Mexico) building a 3rd car and sleep was a luxury.

Did you do OK with the racing....??

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The series we run is small but the class is very competitive. We have been one of the fastest 3 cars in the class since 2012. We run mid 4.60s-4.70s ats156mph in the 1/8th mile. It's a heads up outlaw series& the track only runs it once a month to help keep costs down. But that helps allow more free weekends so I can go to kids ball games and all their stuff too. The Mustang will be slower, borderline streetable but it will be able to run mid - high 8s in the quarter. Building it with the intent of allowing my daughter and nephews an opportunity to race in a safer environment. Turn the wick down and let 'em run 10s and get seat time

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The series we run is small but the class is very competitive. We have been one of the fastest 3 cars in the class since 2012. We run mid 4.60s-4.70s ats156mph in the 1/8th mile. It's a heads up outlaw series& the track only runs it once a month to help keep costs down. But that helps allow more free weekends so I can go to kids ball games and all their stuff too. The Mustang will be slower, borderline streetable but it will be able to run mid - high 8s in the quarter. Building it with the intent of allowing my daughter and nephews an opportunity to race in a safer environment. Turn the wick down and let 'em run 10s and get seat time

Mid 4's........on engine...???
    Pics of the car please...........:)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Need to get pics from phone to here

Open an account on PhotoBucket.
    It is free.
    Load pics to that account.
    They will go to the Library.
    Put cursor on the pic and a drop down comes on.
    Pick share.
    Another drop down and pick lower right side option.
    It will turn yellow.
    start a post and right click the pic into the post.
    It sounds complicated but if I can do it anybody can.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Will gladly post pics if someone can tell me how.
    It's a BBF on the bottle (limited to just 1 kit)

Must be a serious kit.
    My Camaro would roll high 5's on motor in good conditions and the killer tune up on the engine and chassis. Best of 5.80 if memory serves.
    We kept it running around 6.20's to keep it alive and just south of where it was legal. Limited shift points and launch RPM's just enough to keep us the fastest car in PRO bracket. Had a box but seldom ran S-Pro with the car. Too many freaking dragsters. Very hard to beat unless the driver screws up. My son could knock the tree down on the T-brake as it was. We had a serious time keeping him green anyway. We adjusted everything. Staging, launch RPM's, front tire pressure and diameter. It made no difference. If he stayed green it was just barely. Practice he was on point. Eliminations just to fast off the button.

He hurt his right hand and it was in a small cast. With the weight he was smashing steady 04/05 lights. When the cast came off my buddy tapped a roll of quarters to the top side of his right glove. Same result......04' 05's pretty consistently. Too much fun.

Always wanted to get it legal to go faster and put a kit on it but never the time/funds to play at that level. It was a 3 bar car and that is pushing it pretty hard.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I've never tried it this way, I have always use the insert image icon above the space where I'm typing, I'll have to give that a try! Cool I learned something today:rockwoot:

Hey! Cool! It works!

I didn't realize that either until I made the video and was promptly corrected.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom