thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Serious piece. I like it.

How big is the engine.

Well as you can imagine in heads up racing we all lie a little bit and keep our cards close to the vest. But it's 632+ ci, 1 Induction solutions nitrous kit with a powerglide trans. Already have a couple small chassis adjustments to try in the spring and may give it a little more jet. On a good track it should get into the mid 4.50s

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well as you can imagine in heads up racing we all lie a little bit and keep our cards close to the vest. But it's 632+ ci, 1 Induction solutions nitrous kit with a powerglide trans. Already have a couple small chassis adjustments to try in the spring and may give it a little more jet. On a good track it should get into the mid 4.50s
    Oh is that all? :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Heads up is the cool way to race.
    Bracket classes let more folks come and play but the games suck.
    My son would dial the Camaro to the near exact time it would run. He had a sense about that. Nothing in the bank. Nose never dropped until the car was well past the line. Everybody hated to race him.

632........just barely enough huh......:):
    4.50's is insane fast in the 8th. That is dragster territory.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Early this summer Doc & Monza from street outlaws was at one of our races and Doc went a 4.2? In the 1/8th..but he has 4 nitrous kits and he doesn't have to meet a minimum weight requirement. Our car has to weigh 3150. Take some weight out and add another kit and I think I could give 'em hell on the track wouldn't try it on a street

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Heads up is the cool way to race.
    Bracket classes let more folks come and play but the games suck.
    My son would dial the Camaro to the near exact time it would run. He had a sense about that. Nothing in the bank. Nose never dropped until the car was well past the line. Everybody hated to race him.

632........just barely enough huh......:):
    4.50's is insane fast in the 8th. That is dragster territory.

We got one guy that runs like an 815 in a 68 camero and another guy has a 760n/a motor in a 78 corvette and another dude runs a 706 with a screw blower in a split bumper camero...so it's bot the biggest motor in the class but it gets the job done

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Early this summer Doc & Monza from street outlaws was at one of our races and Doc went a 4.2? In the 1/8th..but he has 4 nitrous kits and he doesn't have to meet a minimum weight requirement. Our car has to weigh 3150. Take some weight out and add another kit and I think I could give 'em hell on the track wouldn't try it on a street

That monti should haul the mail.
    4 kits. That would be a tuning nightmare.

My Camaro weighed 2850 wet no driver. There was more to loose but I added ballast over the rear wheels to help slow it down a bit. Also helped it on hot slick track's.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We got one guy that runs like an 815 in a 68 camero and another guy has a 760n/a motor in a 78 corvette and another dude runs a 706 with a screw blower in a split bumper camero...so it's bot the biggest motor in the class but it gets the job done

No matter what is between the fenders you have to get all down and stick it.
    My little all steel 468 ran out pretty well.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I would love to run it with no added weight. To meet the 3150 minimum we had to add @ 250lbs of lead and we have a 350lb driver. It's pretty light but no carbon fiber so with more $$$I could get it lighter but what's the point

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would love to run it with no added weight. To meet the 3150 minimum we had to add @ 250lbs of lead and we have a 350lb driver. It's pretty light but no carbon fiber so with more $$$I could get it lighter but what's the point

You can put the weight back where you want it but if it hooks whats the point.

Big driver.....:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom