• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Rusty....if you are one of the best at what you do they will seek you out.
    I have millennials asking me constantly to build them or work on their bikes. Their dads/uncles knew me and they have seen my bikes.
    Young man that I have known since he was pooping green is dead in my butt to build him a hardtail Hot Rod Harley. I turn down 4 or more ground up builds every year.
    The work is out there. Be one of the best. Put your work out there and they will seek you out.
    Whoops, forgot to mention my love of old people. For that reason right there above. You just won't get that kind of comment from a younger person.... Ok I'll go back to hating old people now!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I think old cars will always have a big appeal, car styling has changed a lot since the 60s and those styles will never return. The Mustang/Camaro/Challenger modern muscle cars are a good attempt, but it's never the same. A big factor is that wheels are now much closer to the corners of the cars than designs in an earlier era.

I still like the look of cars from the 30s, Auburns, Duseys, and the long Caddys even though they are before my time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think old cars will always have a big appeal, car styling has changed a lot since the 60s and those styles will never return. The Mustang/Camaro/Challenger modern muscle cars are a good attempt, but it's never the same. A big factor is that wheels are now much closer to the corners of the cars than designs in an earlier era.

I still like the look of cars from the 30s, Auburns, Duseys, and the long Caddys even though they are before my time.

Aero has so much more to do with the new designs.
    It is hard to tell one pumpkin seed looking slipstream from the next one save for possibly the badging.
    Muscle cars had persona. They made a statement. You could see one a block away and know what it was. You knew the stats on it. Big block, small block, 3 peddle cars were more the norm. You had to be a bona-fide bad a$$ to drive one properly.

Todays offerings are not stripped down guided missiles short on brakes and wont turn for all your efforts.
    Todays offerings are loaded with creature comfort and plushness. They do not offer a COPO base model with a monster engine that will strike fear into the hearts of the masses.
    Todays cars are set up for the Girlyman boys. A/C in a freaking muscle car.......Not in my day. Your man card would be forfeit.

Yes, we have supercharged world land speed offerings but who in the hell can afford them
    Price a new Wildcat.
    Traction control....really....WTF

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Traction control....really....WTF

I deplore traction control. That feature right there is enough to make me want to buy an older muscle car vs. the new breed. They really should make it so you can program it to stay off unless you WANT to have it on.

Always loved the COPO cars. Being a minimalist, the look and configuration spoke to my heart. lol.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I deplore traction control. That feature right there is enough to make me want to buy an older muscle car vs. the new breed. They really should make it so you can program it to stay off unless you WANT to have it on.

Always loved the COPO cars. Being a minimalist, the look and configuration spoke to my heart. lol.

Less (Bling) is more.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I forgot to grab pics before lunch... I haz a sad.... What I was told by the owner was an all original survivor ls6 chevelle, appears not to be. I will be digging into the numbers and codes after lunch to determine what we have. It's been apart and somewhat "restored". I hope I'm wrong and it just has had an interesting history.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well I may have jumped the gun. The numbers are there on this one. Only a few incorrect pieces as far as we can tell so far. Couple things missing that will need addressed.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    450 HP my butt.
    500 is easy to get with little effort.

I love those cars.
    :):

This one is kind of odd. Bench seat, 4 speed, power windows, 3:31 open rear end. Carb and dizzy are wrong. Missing A.I.R. Pump and equipment that came on all ls6 cars. Came in for clutch replace, brake work and to get it running right. That's what we thought anyway..... Customer is wanting to do some mods that we are trying to talk him out of since it will lower the value and he's looking at it as an investment.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :):

This one is kind of odd. Bench seat, 4 speed, power windows, 3:31 open rear end. Carb and dizzy are wrong. Missing A.I.R. Pump and equipment that came on all ls6 cars. Came in for clutch replace, brake work and to get it running right. That's what we thought anyway..... Customer is wanting to do some mods that we are trying to talk him out of since it will lower the value and he's looking at it as an investment.

Bench seat hot rods rule.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom