Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've read about those in the ancient history books many times. I've always wanted to build one and put it in a early deuce or something. Most guys now say it's just a waste of time and if it's not at least a 383 why bother... I say because that's what they did in the olden days back when mouse was inventing the wheel.

If you build on e of those mouse motors they will hold their own. 64 CC chambered double humps with 2.02's and good exhaust valves and a set of flat tops puts you near needing race gas.
    I turned mine 6500 on a regular basis and it saw 6800 still pulling.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I am considering this as an option again.... As much as I hate to admit it, it offers everything I want in an engine for that car, well mostly... And the fact that the drop out engine along costs the same as ONE aluminum head for a poncho... I'll be doing
    more reading into this.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am considering this as an option again.... As much as I hate to admit it, it offers everything I want in an engine for that car, well mostly... And the fact that the drop out engine along costs the same as ONE aluminum head for a poncho... I'll be doing
    more reading into this.

What LS package are you looking for. I have some connections down here.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It seems like I can do the swap pretty cheap if I source my own parts rather than buying a kit. That opens up the possibility of being able to afford a 6 speed sooner once the funds are in order. Going to let life settle down a little bit and then start the hunt for parts. I believe I am committed to an LS swap now....

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    It seems like I can do the swap pretty cheap if I source my own parts rather than buying a kit. That opens up the possibility of being able to afford a 6 speed sooner once the funds are in order. Going to let life settle down a little bit and then start the hunt for parts. I believe I am committed to an LS swap now....

Trader.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    As a purist yeah maybe but as a hot rodder we take what we have and can get to make the absolute best package we can.

A well tuned LS package you describe will run off and hide from the 400 boat anchor you were considering.
    Now to find a decent LQ4 6.0 with aluminum heads. Shouldn't be hard to find, but I'm on a budget....

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Survivor car. Same vintage as my mother.

0921161818a_HDR_zpsnqcvm6q1.jpg

0921161818_HDR_zpsjj4w9ruw.jpg

0921161817_HDR_zpsmavrf2ew.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom