• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Rusty, I will be talking to my guy this week. He did not have anything interesting last week but they have cars coming all the time.
    Thanks mouse. I am in no hurry. Would like to at least locate an engine, that way I can get it all cleaned up and ready to go in, harness done and have a game plan of locating the necessary parts. I'd really like to go ahead and install a t-56 magnum, but I'm not sure that's gonna happen this go around.. May just have to bolt that LS to the old 3 speed, unless I can talk someone out of a 4 speed cheap...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks mouse. I am in no hurry. Would like to at least locate an engine, that way I can get it all cleaned up and ready to go in, harness done and have a game plan of locating the necessary parts. I'd really like to go ahead and install a t-56 magnum, but I'm not sure that's gonna happen this go around.. May just have to bolt that LS to the old 3 speed, unless I can talk someone out of a 4 speed cheap...

If you did not beat the thing like it was stolen the 3 speed should do you well for a while.
    Are you carberating it or FI/ECU

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Going through some pics and found some good ones of the Camaro.
    When we pulled it from the Farm field it was hit hard drivers front.
    No drive train/interior/rear end.

We did after market fenders Valence's quarters bumpers grill etc. in a quick fashion to make the season opener which we missed by 2 weeks waiting on the torque converter and a few other key pieces to the puzzle.
    We painted it with a Harbor freight paint gun in a make shift affair my buddy called a booth. He painted farm implements in it.....Color was dirty Hugger orange...:dunno:
    Hood was a Harwood 8" cowl in gel coat.

Before.......

1st real racing we did with it. Took 2 weekends and 2 test sessions to get it hooked and flying straight and running out.

After the 1st season we enlisted some real help with the body and paint. My son and I did most of the sanding and BS work.
    I made some upgrades to the frame and bars as well.

You can see the 3 bar set up and the narrowed 9"

The hood took me forever because I have limited patience and skills with gel coat...:)

We hung the doors and worked th 36" flat board....hard

Cutting it in. The color is not "Exactly" Hugger orange be I like it.

I hand fabricated an aluminum dash for it.

Coming together...

My son and I laid out the stripes. I was going straight orange but he pouted relentlessly and I gave in.
    Glad I did.....:)

14W 32's on strange axles and aluminum center section spooled with 4.30's

12 gallon cell and dual deep cycle gel cells with a 150 amp alternator to run the electronics and the electric shifter.

My baby. Merlin steel block and heads. 468 with 13.5 SRP pistons on an eagle rotating assembly. Comp full roller valve train. Highly massaged 1150 Dominator on a rather large manifold. 5000 stall in front of a T-400 with a brake, reverse valve body and all the cool hard parts.
    Dyno tuned to just a smidge north of 700 pony's. We had to de-tune it to be legal in our bracket. No halo bar and the boy was not licensed below 9:90 which was no issue to go much faster than that. Best of 9:30's with more in the tank. Car weighed 2850 wet no driver.

The boy cheesing it in the big boy seat.....:cool:
    1st sponsor as well.

Both of the girls at the last Good Guys we ran....I really miss these cars.......:(

Thanks for looking

Last edited:

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Corvette is going painfully slow... brake and fuel lines in. waiting for all sorts of rubbers to get the front and rear suspension on. :xmad:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Going through some pics and found some good ones of the Camaro.
    When we pulled it from the Farm field it was hit hard drivers front.
    No drive train/interior/rear end.

We did after market fenders Valence's quarters bumpers grill etc. in a quick fashion to make the season opener which we missed by 2 weeks waiting on the torque converter and a few other key pieces to the puzzle.
    We painted it with a Harbor freight paint gun in a make shift affair my buddy called a booth. He painted farm implements in it.....Color was dirty Hugger orange...:dunno:
    Hood was a Harwood 8" cowl in gel coat.

Before.......

1st real racing we did with it. Took 2 weekends and 2 test sessions to get it hooked and flying straight and running out.

After the 1st season we enlisted some real help with the body and paint. My son and I did most of the sanding and BS work.
    I made some upgrades to the frame and bars as well.

You can see the 3 bar set up and the narrowed 9"

The hood took me forever because I have limited patience and skills with gel coat...:)

We hung the doors and worked th 36" flat board....hard

Cutting it in. The color is not "Exactly" Hugger orange be I like it.

I hand fabricated an aluminum dash for it.

Coming together...

My son and I laid out the stripes. I was going straight orange but he pouted relentlessly and I gave in.
    Glad I did.....:)

14W 32's on strange axles and aluminum center section spooled with 4.30's

12 gallon cell and dual deep cycle gel cells with a 150 amp alternator to run the electronics and the electric shifter.

My baby. Merlin steel block and heads. 468 with 13.5 SRP pistons on an eagle rotating assembly. Comp full roller valve train. Highly massaged 1150 Dominator on a rather large manifold. 5000 stall in front of a T-400 with a brake, reverse valve body and all the cool hard parts.
    Dyno tuned to just a smidge north of 700 pony's. We had to de-tune it to be legal in our bracket. No halo bar and the boy was not licensed below 9:90 which was no issue to go much faster than that. Best of 9:30's with more in the tank. Car weighed 2850 wet no driver.

The boy cheesing it in the big boy seat.....:cool:
    1st sponsor as well.

Both of the girls at the last Good Guys we ran....I really miss these cars.......:(

Thanks for looking

good stuff mouse!!!!.....reminds me when i built my 69 Chevelle ....wish i wouldn't have sold it....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I wish I could find the pictures of the 64 Chevell resto.
    On the spit. Show quality work. I helped as did my son but the man that did was is a real focused individual.
    We pretty much stripped/bagged the car and took the factory paint off of it. He did the rest.
    We put it together. All new everything. Best way I can describe it.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I wish I could find the pictures of the 64 Chevell resto.
    On the spit. Show quality work. I helped as did my son but the man that did was is a real focused individual.
    We pretty much stripped/bagged the car and took the factory paint off of it. He did the rest.
    We put it together. All new everything. Best way I can describe it.
    This is the way I like building them. Unfortunately I cannot afford to do that with my stuff... If I had the funds and time, the lemans would get torn down tomorrow and built the way I want it. Most of the patina would stay, but the rot would be gone. Car needs to be structurally sound. It'll never get a shiney paint job as long as I own it. I cannot stand keeping my stuff clean, I'm just one of those guys that checks the fluids and hops in a turns the key.... Keeping them clean and pretty is not what I do....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is the way I like building them. Unfortunately I cannot afford to do that with my stuff... If I had the funds and time, the lemans would get torn down tomorrow and built the way I want it. Most of the patina would stay, but the rot would be gone. Car needs to be structurally sound. It'll never get a shiney paint job as long as I own it. I cannot stand keeping my stuff clean, I'm just one of those guys that checks the fluids and hops in a turns the key.... Keeping them clean and pretty is not what I do....

My son kept all my cars spot free and big shiny. I made the cool :poop: like the dash boards in the pics. I did all the interior aluminum as well.
    In the pic of the engine the aluminum pan work over the radiator is a scoop that picks up air in front of the radiator. It seals to the 8" cowl hood and was airtight to the dominator. Ram air and buddy it really worked. That is the stuff I love.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom