Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well it ain't going to be stock. They are hoping for 700+ ho.

I know I know it is just a sign of the times I guess.
    I am old school guy.

I have spent more hours than I can remember working on Turbo V-6 racing engines. Buick Indy power plants and the one I really liked was between the rear tires of the Hendricks GTP Corvette. They list the engine at 700 HP last I saw but having stood next to the Dyno with several of them I can attest it was much much more.
    If you Google that car I am in a few pics depending on what site you go to.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Maybe this is wrong place to put this.. But considering its a hot rod thread and i have a question about a potential hot rod. I figured this would be the place to ask, i just went to court to have the title reinstated after it was stolen so all is well on that front. Ive kind of lost motivation i geuss.. Just want to buy guns and ammo. ive noticed on craigslist classic car prices have risen to insane amounts. Whats my old project work? Clean title comes with a pontiac 400 with fireball cam fresh rebuild. 1968 lemans straight and almost entirely rust free.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Maybe this is wrong place to put this.. But considering its a hot rod thread and i have a question about a potential hot rod. I figured this would be the place to ask, i just went to court to have the title reinstated after it was stolen so all is well on that front. Ive kind of lost motivation i geuss.. Just want to buy guns and ammo. ive noticed on craigslist classic car prices have risen to insane amounts. Whats my old project work? Clean title comes with a pontiac 400 with fireball cam fresh rebuild. 1968 lemans straight and almost entirely rust free.

Is the car complete? Condition of interior?

I may be a bit bias as I'm a poncho guy. A solid roller that comes with an engine and has a decent interior, I'd say somewhere around $2500-3000 real money. If it was a driver it would be more. You have to factor in the condition of the suspension, brakes, transmission, rear end... If it's been sitting awhile those will all need serviced. Being that it's a '68 lemans, it's not worth much as a collector. Some will want to turn it into a GTO clone, others like myself would rock that biotch just as she sits.

I have a friend who may be interested.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

I guarantee Rusty will give you $500 and a brick of .22 for it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is my old 67 (not a 66 as in the pic) but the lines are the same. The passenger quarter on this was worse than your pic but the pillar was pulled some.
    The rest of the car was So-Cal rust free.
    That is my now 30 year old daughter.
    I miss this one.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    This is my old 67 (not a 66 as in the pic) but the lines are the same. The passenger quarter on this was worse than your pic but the pillar was pulled some.
    The rest of the car was So-Cal rust free.
    That is my now 30 year old daughter.
    I miss this one.

65 in my pic. :p

Hard to tell from that angle, the trim wraps around the quarter in the rear and makes it look like a 66 tail light.

I love those mid 60s GM "B" bodies. My dads dream car is a 65 impala as convert in aqua, white top and interior. It's one of my life goals to build him one.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My uncle has a sweet 66. True SS, rust free Cali car. Has had a color change at some point. Now sports a GM ZZ383 stroker and 700r4 overdrive. Combine that with a 4.10 :drool:........ She scoots for a big girl.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nice open plenum manifold on the striker rusty.

I have a Performer dual plane for mine. Not going to run that short of gear either.
    The 700 has a nice 1st gear if memory serves. I bet she hauls tail.
    The really quick OD auto it the T-200 Metric. It has a really nice low gear for the craptastic 305 BS small blocks put in the mid 80's "G" body's. These are a favotite in some of the stock classes at the drags.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom