Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You just had to go there..... I believe the prototype for the firebird came out before the camaro.

GM platforms man. Have you ever seen a Pontiac Ventura Circa 71 or there abouts.
    Nova with a nose/tail treatment making it a Pontiac. Heck they had 350's (chev) in them. Caused a huge law suit.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah. Most of those had Pontiac engines I thought. The '74 GTO was Nova based.

The 1st batch came with SB Chev. engines. GM was sued because the Pontiac faithful did not want SB Chev. engines in their Pontiac's.
    I did a brief stint at a Poncho dealer doing new car prep. in 70 I believe. We had several of those come through. When I popped the hood and saw the SB Chev. I was a bit confused.....:n00b:

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    GM platforms man. Have you ever seen a Pontiac Ventura Circa 71 or there abouts.
    Nova with a nose/tail treatment making it a Pontiac. Heck they had 350's (chev) in them. Caused a huge law suit.

I was always told that they used the letters of the Nova to name the other Nova like GM models, so it would not surprise me.
    Nova
    Omega
    Ventura
    Apollo

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The 1st batch came with SB Chev. engines. GM was sued because the Pontiac faithful did not want SB Chev. engines in their Pontiac's.
    I did a brief stint at a Poncho dealer doing new car prep. in 70 I believe. We had several of those come through. When I popped the hood and saw the SB Chev. I was a bit confused.....:n00b:
    Interesting. I did no know that. I knew the Canadian Pontiacs came with Chevy engines.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Interesting. I did no know that. I knew the Canadian Pontiacs came with Chevy engines.

And don't forget about the late '70's Trans Ams with Oldsmobile engines! Had a neighbor kid with a 400 something Olds in his T/A, 403 maybe. We made that sucker frightfully fast, so much so that his dad took it away from the kid; "He's too young for a car like that!" Right dad!:rockwoot:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    And don't forget about the late '70's Trans Ams with Oldsmobile engines! Had a neighbor kid with a 400 something Olds in his T/A, 403 maybe. We made that sucker frightfully fast, so much so that his dad took it away from the kid; "He's too young for a car like that!" Right dad!:rockwoot:
    Yeah, CM brought that up the other day. Those engines were junk, I believe primarily they were destined for Coloroado and California. Had all to do wth emissions.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, CM brought that up the other day. Those engines were junk, I believe primarily they were destined for Coloroado and California. Had all to do wth emissions.

Mine was a super "Turd" but all we did was loosen the restrictions (emissions) put w good "Q" jet on it and run it on the dyno to tune. It got a whole lot better but never up to 400 Poncho standards at least in my mind.

Femurphy.....what did you do to the kids car...???

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom