• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    I have a very heavy IT background (and it's my career), so building an ECU is fascinating and sounds like a good time to me.
    On the flip side, one of my eventual projects is going to be a mini-truck stuffed with a 12 Valve and either compound or triple turbos. I haven't decided on a transmission for that project yet, but it would be cool to go with a 47rh. Make the entire thing manual. Only wiring in the truck would be for gauges and the starter lol.

Learning on the 12 Valve that's in my truck, I have a big love for these mechanical engines. I find it kind of funny that I never learned how to really tune a carb, considering how much I've dabbled with my diesel.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a very heavy IT background (and it's my career), so building an ECU is fascinating and sounds like a good time to me.
    On the flip side, one of my eventual projects is going to be a mini-truck stuffed with a 12 Valve and either compound or triple turbos. I haven't decided on a transmission for that project yet, but it would be cool to go with a 47rh. Make the entire thing manual. Only wiring in the truck would be for gauges and the starter lol.

Learning on the 12 Valve that's in my truck, I have a big love for these mechanical engines. I find it kind of funny that I never learned how to really tune a carb, considering how much I've dabbled with my diesel.
    The black art of carb tuning eludes many younger folks.
    The attitude that “It’s running fine” overcomes the urge to tinker.
    I discovered long ago that you may not find HP beyond a few tuning in the car but drive ability goes up as you get them right.

Last edited:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    The black art of carb tuning eludes many younger folks.
    The attitude that “It’s running fine” overcomes the urge to tinker.
    I discovered long ago that you may not find HP beyond a few tuning in the car but drive ability goes up as you get them right.

That’s what I’ve seen from the testing on Engine Masters. Unless you’re starting from pig rich or crazy lean, there’s really not much power to be gained. A few numbers here and there.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    1654862172464.png
    This photo sums up my Midwest Fest experience in one photo. 4 deep in the Rio doing gryp/lyft sessions with drift cars all around us. At one point I tossed the car into turn 5 in a 4-wheel drift with a 350Z drift car doing a drift 10 feet off my rear bumper.

Top Bottom