• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Found this podcast called Past Gas. The hosts seem a bit immature but some of the content is fantastic. This two-part series is from Smokey Yunick autobiography. Amazing guy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just for conversation purposes, I know of a 4cyl Honda engine with 1 big ass turbo on it that's in a tube chassis Chevy Cobalt that can run 4.50s at over 160mph in the 1/8th. So it would run low 7s in the 1/4.
    There are some incredible little turbo 4 cylinders running around...and they can be giant killers
    If you do the math, figure out how many atmospheres they shove into those mini motors I think you will see the actual displacement is far greater than the sum of its bore and stroke.
    4.8 liter V6 with a hair dryer that was freaking huge pushing 100’s of boost.
    1 atmosphere is what…29”s or so on the manometer so rough in my head math pushes displacement Xs 3.
    There are a crap load of variables involved and my math is at best very loosely done.
    I am sure one of you Rhodes scholars can whip this out.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Man could they shut the hell ip and get on with it. Wow.
    Donut blew up quick a few years back. They started off making some videos about specific car histories (GTR, Mustang, Corvette, Camry even, stuff like that). The guy had some SUPER creative explanations and talk. Honestly the first 10 or 15 vids were hilarious. It got kind of old after that.
    Also heard some stuff about them yoinking videos and pictures from other accounts, without asking, and without properly citing sources for the media. Ticked some guys off.
    Anyway, James is just a little too... out there... for me. Too repetitive for me and I'm just not a huge fan of how they run their content. Feels like it's made for the younger crowd (hilarious, considering my age relative to y'all).

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Here's a couple to get you guys started, but if you look up "Donut Media Up to Speed" you'll find the rest of them. The earlier ones were better.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Speaking of boosted 4 bangers. This thing would be absolute monster on the streets. 2400-ish lbs with 700hp AWD.

That's some real HP in a light weight car and being AWD it shouldn't have much trouble getting out of the hole

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    If you do the math, figure out how many atmospheres they shove into those mini motors I think you will see the actual displacement is far greater than the sum of its bore and stroke.
    4.8 liter V6 with a hair dryer that was freaking huge pushing 100’s of boost.
    1 atmosphere is what…29”s or so on the manometer so rough in my head math pushes displacement Xs 3.
    There are a crap load of variables involved and my math is at best very loosely done.
    I am sure one of you Rhodes scholars can whip this out.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Love the B Production car. Back in the day when men were men.:patriot: Can you imagine wrestling one of those beasts around a track for hours on end in an endurance race? Poor handling, weak brakes, temperamental engines with specific power bands. BADASS!!:chuck:
    This is why I love the vert so much (and hopefully the notch, too).
    One of the regulars at Grissom drives a wicked newer Camaro. Got him to ride with me once or twice one weekend. Ended up pushing it a little too hard one run and this sweet photo was born.

Anyway, my times were only a little faster than his, if that. He said that just the raw feel of the car is insane compared to his.
    And that's why I love these older clunkers. They can go just as fast and they feel so much better.

107799530_10157792757143323_4594123201278171264_o.jpg

Top Bottom