• Status
    Not open for further replies.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I don't think driving this will be pleasant. I remember those days of compromising with factory converters. Lots of throwing it in and out of neutral in town.
    I finally worked a few hours overtime and went with the converters and manual shift valve bodies. The manual shift valve bodies were a PIA but RPM stayed in control on the street.

I keep forgetting that some people actually drive their autox cars more than once a month. Big cam and no convertor definitely sucks! When I first drove the Galaxie around the property a few months ago I was immediately reminded that Comp said it would need a looser convertor. After driving it last week with the proper convertor the difference was huge!! YUGE!! A lot easier to poke around at low speed in!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    View attachment 57852

View attachment 57853

OK car people help me settle an argument with my wife!

She thinks the simple black interior of my Challenger is not what a high performance car should have.
    I think her car looks over the top and too "loud"?

Black interior goes positive points on the man card.

Her's match's her purse and shoes I am sure.

Hey, seriously........they are both nice just hers is a bit "Too" nice Ya-know. :cool:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I keep forgetting that some people actually drive their autox cars more than once a month. Big cam and no convertor definitely sucks! When I first drove the Galaxie around the property a few months ago I was immediately reminded that Comp said it would need a looser convertor. After driving it last week with the proper convertor the difference was huge!! YUGE!! A lot easier to poke around at low speed in!!

My black 65 Biscayne had a much modified "Super" hole shot in it. You could drive the car pretty easily if you knew whats up.
    If you "Slapped" the throttle and got a run on the converter it launched like it meant it putting 4K plus on the dial. Just not consistent like that. Lock up the trans on the brake and lean on the converter and you could see 3800 and hold it. Set the chip on the launch controller at 3600..... mat the go pedal and hang on when you let the brake go.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Good interior colors just need to match up well. What's missing on today's cars is chrome. You can never have enough.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Good interior colors just need to match up well. What's missing on today's cars is chrome. You can never have enough.

The new cars with [STRIKE]chrome[/STRIKE] shiny plated plastic look nice except when the sun hits them and blinds you while driving. My Flex has some of it by the shifterd and I hate it.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Dropped the 9" pumpkin off with Jason over at automotion yesterday morning. He called me about an hour later telling me that whoever "rebuilt" it did such a poor job of it that the gears are trashed even though they had less than 20 miles on them. In my possession anyway. I'm done with "good deals" unless I have an address and phone number so I can track the seller down later if necessary to return the part to the correct bodily orifice as needed.

I guess I'm getting naïve in my old age but I do remember when a persons word actually meant something. . . . . .

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Dropped the 9" pumpkin off with Jason over at automotion yesterday morning. He called me about an hour later telling me that whoever "rebuilt" it did such a poor job of it that the gears are trashed even though they had less than 20 miles on them. In my possession anyway. I'm done with "good deals" unless I have an address and phone number so I can track the seller down later if necessary to return the part to the correct bodily orifice as needed.

I guess I'm getting naïve in my old age but I do remember when a persons word actually meant something. . . . . .

This is why I no longer hunt the swap meets etc.
    People suck.

I have always done my own rear end set ups once I learned how.
    9" Fords are among the easiest to do so it amazes me that people screw them up.
    I would much rather set up a ford than a GM 12 bolt.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom