• Status
    Not open for further replies.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well I just got home from Beechbend. This years Outlaw Streetcar Reunion was freakin AWESOME!
    Plenty of seriously fast cars. They did a great job with the track prep...the soles on the starters shoes started peeling off and he had to duct tape his shoes. They had 7.0 index, 6.0index, a no time small tire (28") grudge class, X275 radial class (38 cars), LDR (limited drag radial) RvW (radial vs the world) these dudes run pro mod speeds on 315/60r15 radials, Midwest Pro Mod series, and a prostreet bike class. The bike class ran 1/4 mile, all others were 1/8th mile. Churchmouse- those guy on the bikes have balls of steel. They were running 6.70s at 200+mph on stretched and turbocharged hyaboosas. They need their heads examined they gotta have something wrong upstairs.

We didn't take our car because we don't have parts or experience running tiny radials...and well we don't have a pro mod.
    You guys should put this on yout bucket list and go next year.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm kind of an old school big tire guy, but I do like the small tire "streetcar" look. I've asked a few guys what would be involved in setting up a car to run in a radial class. As compared to our big tire car it requires different shocks & struts (different type of valving), wider rear end (obviously), moving stuff around to get the right weight percentage on the nose, and ditching the wheelie bars or as radial racers call them...sissy sticks. And a completely different chassis set up.
    A slick tire car in a nut shell you want to plant the back end and raise the front while using wheel spped to get off the line. A radial car dead hooks the tire or very minimal wheel speed, and wants the rear of the car to raise while forcing the front end down as much as possible to keep it from wanting to power wheelie or flip over.

Again it was a good race and they put on a good show. I went down on Friday morning. Found a little BBQ joint beween the I65 exit and the track called Smokey Pig BBQ. Had some good Q with plenty of smoke flavor before heading on over to the track. Then on Sat morning we found a little place just down the road from there called the 5th Street diner for breakfast. Again it was some good country cooking, enjoyed a big breakfast (not my usual thing) and off to the track. Then we stopped back in the Smokey Pig before we hit the road headed home.
    It was my first time going to Beechbend but I really liked to covered grandstands.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    31164034_10213927891844455_4325706667559925425_n.jpg

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sheetmetal is cheap for this thing. Glass, not so much. I'm looking at $200 per side.
    Holy cow! I’ve got an entire set of rust free doors I was trying to get $200 for... Glass and all...

edit: I’ve actually got quite a few parts for those trucks if you’re interested. Tilt column, factory buckets and console, other misc stuff.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The fella that bought my Impala stopped by yesterday. He made paid it off and put some serious cash in my hand towards more parts.
    I just finished ordering all the suspension pieces to get coil springs under it. Air ride will go.
    Wilwood disc brake conversion all 4 corners.
    We need to get it up in the air and see what is to be done in the rear to get the 12 bolt in it. He wants to do the tubs as well.

Looks like my original vision of the car will be done except for the wheels he wants to put on it. Yuch.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    The fella that bought my Impala stopped by yesterday. He made paid it off and put some serious cash in my hand towards more parts.
    I just finished ordering all the suspension pieces to get coil springs under it. Air ride will go.
    Wilwood disc brake conversion all 4 corners.
    We need to get it up in the air and see what is to be done in the rear to get the 12 bolt in it. He wants to do the tubs as well.

Looks like my original vision of the car will be done except for the wheels he wants to put on it. Yuch.

Awesome!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom