• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Got the oil pickup tube and windage tray bolted back on. I went ahead and replaced the pickup o-ring because it’s a known issue. Mocked up the oil pan gasket to make sure it lined up properly.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Bery nice car. Looks very well thought out and methodically built. Only 2 problem that I see..1- it's a Chevy and 2- I would ditch that seat and bolt in a Kirkey prostreet seat. Need about twice the asking price to build a car like that. Woulda been better if it was 4 link instead of ladder bars but both work

I saw it was a ladder bar car. They tend to hit really hard on launch and not as tunable as a 4 bar car.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I saw it was a ladder bar car. They tend to hit really hard on launch and not as tunable as a 4 bar car.

That's absolutely correct. With a ladder bar the bars have a preset instant center length. You can adjust the height but it really does limit the adjustability.
    On a 4 link car you can move the bars wherever you want them so you have a lot more instant center length options as well as being able to adjust the height of the instant center. As a general rule a short IC reacts faster and more violently but doesn't hold it's bite as long. A longer IC reacts slower and tends to be less violent but the trade off is it holds it's bite further down the track.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Our 69 Camaro was a 3 bar car. I seriously doubt it would have worked as well off a treated surface. Once we found the sweet spot for the pinion angle and put the right shocks/springs into the set up it was a freaking hoot to drive.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Our 69 Camaro was a 3 bar car. I seriously doubt it would have worked as well off a treated surface. Once we found the sweet spot for the pinion angle and put the right shocks/springs into the set up it was a freaking hoot to drive.

I can't recall ever messing with a 3 link car before. But if I'm correct they are fairly common in road course racing??

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can't recall ever messing with a 3 link car before. But if I'm correct they are fairly common in road course racing??

Except for personal experience all the RR cars I have worked on have been independent suspension set ups.
    We had a Camaro (70) that we did some slalom stuff with and my 67 Vette. Never did slay the dragon with either one but we may have started the drifting craze.....:lmfao:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well looks like some spring weather is finally going to hang around for a few days. Maybe this weekend I can get a few things done in the garage. I need to go buy some oil & filter & gas :spend:
    Then I need to reinstall the rockers & push rods, fill it with water & purple ice, reseal the rear end it has decided to start leaking around a stud on the center section over the winter, bolt in new seat belts, paint the new wheelie bars, take about 250lbs out of the car (thanks to new rules), swap rear springs, scale it and then go through the yearly trailer check list.
    Hopefully there will be some noise and aroma therapy happening in the garage very soon.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well looks like some spring weather is finally going to hang around for a few days. Maybe this weekend I can get a few things done in the garage. I need to go buy some oil & filter & gas :spend:
    Then I need to reinstall the rockers & push rods, fill it with water & purple ice, reseal the rear end it has decided to start leaking around a stud on the center section over the winter, bolt in new seat belts, paint the new wheelie bars, take about 250lbs out of the car (thanks to new rules), swap rear springs, scale it and then go through the yearly trailer check list.
    Hopefully there will be some noise and aroma therapy happening in the garage very soon.

The sweet sweet smell of HP.............:drool:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dcb500
    Top Bottom