Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have been waiting to get this Olds engine out of my shop and set in the frame of the car. The body shop prison now says they want to pull the body off so I can set the engine and they can do some more work.
    Boys I can set the engine if the car was together it is just so much easier with the dog house off the car. It is still in primer. I think the guy is looking for money. They do not need to pull the body. It needs to be final prepped and painted and then I will set the engine. Then they can hang the fenders and such.
    If this was anyone else (car owner) I would set the engine next to the car and walk away.
    What is up with these shops. Crooked as hell. I was in there today and the guy just comes off shifty.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have been waiting to get this Olds engine out of my shop and set in the frame of the car. The body shop prison now says they want to pull the body off so I can set the engine and they can do some more work.
    Boys I can set the engine if the car was together it is just so much easier with the dog house off the car. It is still in primer. I think the guy is looking for money. They do not need to pull the body. It needs to be final prepped and painted and then I will set the engine. Then they can hang the fenders and such.
    If this was anyone else (car owner) I would set the engine next to the car and walk away.
    What is up with these shops. Crooked as hell. I was in there today and the guy just comes off shifty.
    Follow the money.....

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I built it. 1970 Chevelle housing I picked up, dumped everything out of it. Had it blasted and powdercoated. Detroit True Trac limited slip, US Gear 4.11 with their superfinish polish, Moser 31 spline axles, Yukon crush sleeve eliminator spacer, Moser support cover, ARP cap studs. Brake kit is from Right Stuff Detailing, it was about $1200 with the stainless line kit if I recall correctly.

Looks good Rusty

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Sounds kinda shady. But I can't help but wonder if the owner of the Olds owes money or has somehow monkey'd up the process. I recall how he kinda gave you headaches getting the engine done. But wouldn't surprise me if the shop owner is finding excuses to do more work and squeeze more money out of the car owner.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sounds kinda shady. But I can't help but wonder if the owner of the Olds owes money or has somehow monkey'd up the process. I recall how he kinda gave you headaches getting the engine done. But wouldn't surprise me if the shop owner is finding excuses to do more work and squeeze more money out of the car owner.

He is square on the money. He has been out there doing some of the work himself so it gets done.
    That shop was sold in the middle of this and the new guy is not up to the task. Not work at this level. JMHO.
    The boiler went down for the office area heat over Christmas and the heat coils froze up and busted. Owner is going to get hit with a pretty serious repair bill. I think he is scrambling for revenue.

Yeah he gave me some headaches but he is straight with me now.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    He is square on the money. He has been out there doing some of the work himself so it gets done.
    That shop was sold in the middle of this and the new guy is not up to the task. Not work at this level. JMHO.
    The boiler went down for the office area heat over Christmas and the heat coils froze up and busted. Owner is going to get hit with a pretty serious repair bill. I think he is scrambling for revenue.

Yeah he gave me some headaches but he is straight with me now.

Ahhh. I see now, yep sounds like the new shop owner want to focus more on quicker smaller jobs to bring in the cash flow faster. Like so many others everyone wants to make quick easy money

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Well. It’s done. For now. Brakes work AWESOME! Rear end is quiet. 2700 rpm at 50. :n00b: Waiting for warmer weather to put some more miles on and set the pads in.

e5pok1.jpg

I spy a green 69 B-body. Hard to tell exactly what it is. My old 69 Super Bee is that color, but it looks more like a Roadrunner. That is one nice shop you work in.

Oh, the Pontiac looks great by the way.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I spy a green 69 B-body. Hard to tell exactly what it is. My old 69 Super Bee is that color, but it looks more like a Roadrunner. That is one nice shop you work in.

Oh, the Pontiac looks great by the way.
    ‘69 Runner. Color is pretty rare, Rallye Green Metallic, to my knowledge only available on a Plymouth in spring of ‘69. Funny story, it’s actually a Chevy color stolen by Mopar. :):

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can appreciate the labor and craftsmanship and all that goes into putting a car together. But, I see things like this and have to wonder.. Why? I agree it's more of a clone or replicar I think. CM- you are more familiar with this type of beast than I am what say you?

I am on my phone so hard to see all the detail. This is a clone best I can tell. There might be some actual part from a for real Indy car in there somewhere but until I get to my laptop can’t actually say.
    I will bet it is a blast to drive.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    ‘69 Runner. Color is pretty rare, Rallye Green Metallic, to my knowledge only available on a Plymouth in spring of ‘69. Funny story, it’s actually a Chevy color stolen by Mopar. :):

Cool, thanks for letting me know. I hadn't seen my old Bee in several years and was getting excited thinking it maybe it. . . It was painted Sassy Grass ( not by me ) which is kinda close.

Yes, I do remember reading someplace Mopar Rallye Green and Chevy Rallye Green are the exact same paint formulas.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am on my phone so hard to see all the detail. This is a clone best I can tell. There might be some actual part from a for real Indy car in there somewhere but until I get to my laptop can’t actually say.
    I will bet it is a blast to drive.

OK I reviewed the list and yes it is a clone. No knock on it as the work appears to be top shelf.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    OK I reviewed the list and yes it is a clone. No knock on it as the work appears to be top shelf.

I agree the work looks great. Nicely done in integrating the needed items to make it street legal. I also think it would be a blast to cruise the countryside. I'm not sure I would want to cruise city streets in it though. Mostly just because it could be really tough to be seen since it sits so low (same reason I have no desire for a motorcycle).
    I question why build it though. Sure it has some cool factor and is probably fun to drive. But there are so many more practical cars to build for street cruising

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I agree the work looks great. Nicely done in integrating the needed items to make it street legal. I also think it would be a blast to cruise the countryside. I'm not sure I would want to cruise city streets in it though. Mostly just because it could be really tough to be seen since it sits so low (same reason I have no desire for a motorcycle).
    I question why build it though. Sure it has some cool factor and is probably fun to drive. But there are so many more practical cars to build for street cruising

Ever seen one? That’s why.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom