• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Decided the new transmission needed a new rear end to go with it. And I bought a power 4 wheel disc kit a few months back.

15i8fhj.jpg

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well stop in more often man. Hope all is well up your way. Got any cool projects going? Done anything to the poncho?
    All is well up here. Shop is super busy right now, to the point we are actually looking to hire another guy... Lots of cool projects going on. Our favorite grabber blue ‘70 Boss 302 is in for a engine rebuild, trans seal as well as replacing the ORIGINAL tires and brake hoses. Still working on the ‘51 Ford f-1 that got the new chassis. ‘53 Olds 98 is back for a radiator and original Rochester 4 jet carb sent off to Holley for restoration, apparently they don’t restore just Holleys. ‘74 MGB GT came in yesterday for an engine and trans rebuild as well as minor interior and bodywork. Have a ‘40 Stude needs to come in for an engine rebuild and other work. Numerous other cars to get to this winter! Busy busy!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What brand converter? When we bought our Coan bolt together it came with spacers for different mid plates. Made it super easy. Prior to that we had a Coan with 3 pads and just fab'd spacers. They recommend with the converter all the way into the pump you should be able to fit an 1/8" drill bit between the pad on the converter and the flywheel. But the maximum spacing should not exceed 3/16". That's with the 'glide, but Iimagine it will be something very similar with any combo

I am not sure what converter he has. T-400 and it is a serious stall rating.
    I mentioned it needed to be seated in the back of the crank deep enough to keep it on center and he was going to do some research and see if the spacers were available. This will tell us what material to start with.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All is well up here. Shop is super busy right now, to the point we are actually looking to hire another guy... Lots of cool projects going on. Our favorite grabber blue ‘70 Boss 302 is in for a engine rebuild, trans seal as well as replacing the ORIGINAL tires and brake hoses. Still working on the ‘51 Ford f-1 that got the new chassis. ‘53 Olds 98 is back for a radiator and original Rochester 4 jet carb sent off to Holley for restoration, apparently they don’t restore just Holleys. ‘74 MGB GT came in yesterday for an engine and trans rebuild as well as minor interior and bodywork. Have a ‘40 Stude needs to come in for an engine rebuild and other work. Numerous other cars to get to this winter! Busy busy!

Busy is good.
    Are you guys doing the MGB engine or sending it out..??

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom