• Status
    Not open for further replies.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Good to hear somebody's making progress. We've been working on the shop remodel and just about have it finished. I dropped my strut rod bearing retainers at the machine shop last week so will probably get them back the first part of this week. That "should" allow me to dummy up the front suspension and start moving forward again.

I've got the Wilwood brakes and the hydroboost for the Galaxie and need to get on it and we're also hoping to start building our fire pit and party shack this spring so have to at least work on the rough ideas for that so yet again we are screaming for spare time!

I better set up a sailor and coke and think about it!:rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yesterday I set up in the machine shop with the materials to rough in the rear engine plate and limiting rods.
    I spun up the converter spacers. They turned out really well.

I laid out the bolt and dowel pin holes on the plate using a Chevy bell housing.
    I turned down transfer punches so they were a tight fit. They transferred spot on.
    Bored the holes and reamed to exact size.
    I did not do much more. My buddy will cut it out once he rough fits it to the car for the final dimensions on mounts etc.
    This thing should fit like a glove.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    GOTthe front end pointed in the right direction. They were only toed in about an inch. Got 1/8” toe out now. Also got the speedo recalibrated and did a couple power-ish runs. Using the onboard timer and a 3/4 full run it it’s now down to 9.1 seconds from the previous best 10.9. It feels soooooooo damn good.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    GOTthe front end pointed in the right direction. They were only toed in about an inch. Got 1/8” toe out now. Also got the speedo recalibrated and did a couple power-ish runs. Using the onboard timer and a 3/4 full run it it’s now down to 9.1 seconds from the previous best 10.9. It feels soooooooo damn good.

One of us is under power.....:woot:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Nice.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Haven't decided on any upgrades for the Tbird over the winter other than new wheelie bars. Progress on the Mustang has been slow. I keep having other stuff filling up my weekends.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I've still got a small mountain of things to get done this winter. Front brake hoses, fuel system revamp, fix the choke, get harnesses intalled

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Any tips on doing a brake job with the rear calipers that have the parking brake integrated in them? I know you need the special tool but anything else I need to know? 2010 Ford Flex.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Any tips on doing a brake job with the rear calipers that have the parking brake integrated in them? I know you need the special tool but anything else I need to know? 2010 Ford Flex.

My SHO had Ebrakes like this and all I ever had to do was use the tool to turn the piston back into the caliper.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My SHO had Ebrakes like this and all I ever had to do was use the tool to turn the piston back into the caliper.

I found the local part stores rent a kit for a $60 deposit. Amazon had the same kit for $18. They also have the same brake parts as Rockauto for a little better price with free shipping.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Should just need the caliper tool to turn the piston back into the caliper. Otherwise just make sure you lube the slide pins and anti rattle clips

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    People say Pontiac is dead..... Well they are alive and well in my world! What a great weekend! Put over 900 miles behind the wheel of the daily pig.

Some of you may remember this car. Well she’s freshly painted, hauled it over to get the top and headliner installed.

2hxowmu.jpg

Had an “oops” moment... I cannot be trusted with cash in hand and a way to haul something...

wcbj1s.jpg

Then helped a shady character out.... Followed this one for awhile.

x6li7t.jpg

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Rusty....do you have all the front end bits for the old war horse..??
    No... That’s why it’s a perfect gasser project! Actually, I believe we have located a full doghouse. It needs fenders and a hood anyway.. I’d almost prefer to not run the full bumper, just parts of it. We will see! No real plans outside of making it safe to drive, fix rust, paint it hot rod black and white, bare bones minimal interior. Then send it down the road for the next owner to finish it up the way they want. That is, if I don’t get too attached to it and go full on straight axle... it’s not that expensive to do so and I gain disc brakes...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No... That’s why it’s a perfect gasser project! Actually, I believe we have located a full doghouse. It needs fenders and a hood anyway.. I’d almost prefer to not run the full bumper, just parts of it. We will see! No real plans outside of making it safe to drive, fix rust, paint it hot rod black and white, bare bones minimal interior. Then send it down the road for the next owner to finish it up the way they want. That is, if I don’t get too attached to it and go full on straight axle... it’s not that expensive to do so and I gain disc brakes...

:popcorn:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom