Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hey all, just found this thread and figured I'd share my car. It's an 89 Foxbody Mustang, stock bottom end 302 with a 70mm turbo. It's a 5 speed car with full interior, heat and radio. Made 6 passes on the car this year and grabbed a best of 10.9@131.9mph leaving on NO boost, no 2 step rev limiter. The car falls on its face when launching on no boost, my 60' was garbage. Drove it to and from the strip both times I went this year. It's a fun little street car that I am tuning myself with MegaSquirt and Tuner Studio. Glad to find a car thread on here!

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh272/zachj03/IMG_0014_zpsncnoyghr.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh272/zachj03/IMG_0016_zpsbusyizud.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh272/zachj03/IMG_0225_zpssvb1zfcj.jpg

I ****ing hate P-Bucket. From the brief glimpse I got of your car in between the BS advertising the car looks squared away.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah they are. Mine has full interior, radio and heat but I've done some weight savings. AJE tubular K member kit with tubular front control arms and Strange coil over kit, aluminum heads, radiator and drive shaft, tubular rear control arms, tubular bumper support, and some mild weight stripping of non essential stuff. Not sure of vehicle weight.

Ahhhh.....fresh meat and another Ford guy.........:thumbsup:

ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I ****ing hate P-Bucket. From the brief glimpse I got of your car in between the BS advertising the car looks squared away.

Yeah, P-Bucket sucks, I apologize. The car is pretty straight. It's had a paint job at some point that isn't the greatest. Anybody in here ever run at Muncie Dragway? They've had some pretty good turn outs at the "Heads Up Night" they put on once per month. 1/4 Ulimited and 1/8 Unlimited are a blast to watch.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, P-Bucket sucks, I apologize. The car is pretty straight. It's had a paint job at some point that isn't the greatest. Anybody in here ever run at Muncie Dragway? They've had some pretty good turn outs at the "Heads Up Night" they put on once per month. 1/4 Ulimited and 1/8 Unlimited are a blast to watch.

Way back in the day when I lived in Connersville we ran Edgewater/muncie/Killcare/tristate and raceway park all the time.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    We've run a t Muncie a few times over the years. And I have heard some good things about their heads up turn out. But to be honest, I HATE that they sell pit areas so weekly guys have a reserved spot. When we have been there in the past our series raced in addition to their bracket program. Which is great, but as an example our car has a 3-4" ride height. It costs way too much to be dragging the trans pan through the dirt or on the edge of the return road. I get scratching the back of regulars, and we aren't any better than anyone else. But they shouldn't expect to bring in fast cars and park them down past the sign boards.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    We've raced at Kil Kare (once), Edgewater, Bloomfield, Terre Haute, IRP, US60 (aka Hardinsburg KY), and Ohio Valley. Bloomfield & Terre Haute have very short shut down areas. It gets sketchy trying to stop. Kil Kare is a nice enough place but we don't want to race on Sundays which as I understand is when they have their heads up program. I have good and bad things to say about any track. Maybe I am getting pickier as I get older

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We've raced at Kil Kare (once), Edgewater, Bloomfield, Terre Haute, IRP, US60 (aka Hardinsburg KY), and Ohio Valley. Bloomfield & Terre Haute have very short shut down areas. It gets sketchy trying to stop. Kil Kare is a nice enough place but we don't want to race on Sundays which as I understand is when they have their heads up program. I have good and bad things to say about any track. Maybe I am getting pickier as I get older

We ran T. Haute a lot with the Camaro and the Biscayne. Friday night Test & Tune. Pitch a tent. Up and cooking breakfast Saturday morning. Take a whore bath (you know) and get the cars ready for the day. Run all day if you can go rounds ( usually did) and pack home. Leave the cars in the trailers and roll out to Raceway on Sunday morning. Damn I miss it.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    BTW Corvette owners are the most snobbish guys in the world.
    Plus they are mostly scared to get down I often Corvette “hunt” on the Purchase Parkway.
    Yes I will get arrested one day CM will bail me out I hope.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom