Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    BTW Corvette owners are the most snobbish guys in the world.
    Plus they are mostly scared to get down I often Corvette “hunt” on the Purchase Parkway.
    Yes I will get arrested one day CM will bail me out I hope.

I am no fan of the snobs. I am really no fan of that gawdy ass car. It is reallt just horrible to me but I love the drive train. That car will disappear from you in the twisty's if properly driven. Most owners have no idea what the real limits are. Scared to freaking death.
    Put the drive train in a Camaro with some serious tuning and then you have something.
    I used to go Mustang hunting with my Biscayne. I have it on tape putting a half track on one (Roush package) at raceway park.

Yes, we would come and get you out...:):

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    A Vette owner really pissed off my wife at a car show recently “why would you want 707 horsepower” .
    She tried to be nice and said it’s a fun car. I don’t know why anyone would want that much power.
    She responded to “out run you”.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A Vette owner really pissed off my wife at a car show recently “why would you want 707 horsepower” .
    She tried to be nice and said it’s a fun car. I don’t know why anyone would want that much power.
    She responded to “out run you”.

There is a special class of folks out there. They buy the Roush super snakes and the Vettes. Some buy Hell Cats and others get the big motor Camaros. I have met a lot of them. What they do not understand is the car itself is just a tool. It has to be used properly like any specialized tool. Sometimes "Tools" buy them. Just like some gun owners they think just the owning of...Insert brand/make...gun or car elevates status or makes them safe. A talisman so to speak.
    Each of these cars has a specific purpose. Some will go left and right very well. Some will blister your eyeballs in a straight line.
    Pick your poison.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    There is a special class of folks out there. They buy the Roush super snakes and the Vettes. Some buy Hell Cats and others get the big motor Camaros. I have met a lot of them. What they do not understand is the car itself is just a tool. It has to be used properly like any specialized tool. Sometimes "Tools" buy them. Just like some gun owners they think just the owning of...Insert brand/make...gun or car elevates status or makes them safe. A talisman so to speak.
    Each of these cars has a specific purpose. Some will go left and right very well. Some will blister your eyeballs in a straight line.
    Pick your poison.

I’ll take blistered eyeballs, Alex

ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    We've run a t Muncie a few times over the years. And I have heard some good things about their heads up turn out. But to be honest, I HATE that they sell pit areas so weekly guys have a reserved spot. When we have been there in the past our series raced in addition to their bracket program. Which is great, but as an example our car has a 3-4" ride height. It costs way too much to be dragging the trans pan through the dirt or on the edge of the return road. I get scratching the back of regulars, and we aren't any better than anyone else. But they shouldn't expect to bring in fast cars and park them down past the sign boards.

I feel the same way about the pits. I don't think it's too much of an issue on the Heads Up Night as there are rules that are geared towards street cars so I'd think the usual bracket guys aren't racing. They prep the track INCREDIBLY well on those nights. I haven't even began to play with shock settings (Strange 10 way adjustables) or tire pressure (MT ET Street R 275/50/15) and my car held traction in 1st gear when the turbo spooled. Never felt it spool in 1st gear, was a blast. The only other time I went this year was on a Wednesday T&T and had to pedal 1st gear all 3 passes when turbo spooled.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I feel the same way about the pits. I don't think it's too much of an issue on the Heads Up Night as there are rules that are geared towards street cars so I'd think the usual bracket guys aren't racing. They prep the track INCREDIBLY well on those nights. I haven't even began to play with shock settings (Strange 10 way adjustables) or tire pressure (MT ET Street R 275/50/15) and my car held traction in 1st gear when the turbo spooled. Never felt it spool in 1st gear, was a blast. The only other time I went this year was on a Wednesday T&T and had to pedal 1st gear all 3 passes when turbo spooled.

What kind of chassis mod's does your Mustang have?

ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    What kind of chassis mod's does your Mustang have?

Re read this and guessing you meant just the chassis. Really just full length sub frame connectors. No cage yet. They are relaxed on rules on heads Up Night as it is geared towards street cars. I'm planning on looking into a cage to add some rigidness and safety though.

AJE Tubular K member with tubular front control arms, Strange front coil over conversion with 12" 170lb springs, Strange 10 way adjustable shocks on all 4 corners, Team Z caster camber plates, Team Z tubular rear control arms, factory rear springs with 1 coil cut (Team Z actually recommends this over aftermarket), full length sub frame connectors. FMS Traction Lock differential, 3:27 gears, Yukon 31 spline axles. Wheels are 90's trash Weld Racing Draglites with 275/50/15 Mickey Thompson ET Street R drag radials. Only have 6 passes on the car this year and got a best of 10.9@131.9mph. Leaving on no boost and the car falling on its face. Going to hook up my 2 step rev limiter this winter so I can launch with boost built up. Hoping to see mid to low 10's with the 5 speed. Sorry for spilling my guts :):

Last edited:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Re read this and guessing you meant just the chassis. Really just full length sub frame connectors. No cage yet. They are relaxed on rules on heads Up Night as it is geared towards street cars. I'm planning on looking into a cage to add some rigidness and safety though.

AJE Tubular K member with tubular front control arms, Strange front coil over conversion with 12" 170lb springs, Strange 10 way adjustable shocks on all 4 corners, Team Z caster camber plates, Team Z tubular rear control arms, factory rear springs with 1 coil cut (Team Z actually recommends this over aftermarket), full length sub frame connectors. FMS Traction Lock differential, 3:27 gears, Yukon 31 spline axles. Wheels are 90's trash Weld Racing Draglites with 275/50/15 Mickey Thompson ET Street R drag radials. Only have 6 passes on the car this year and got a best of 10.9@131.9mph. Leaving on no boost and the car falling on its face. Going to hook up my 2 step rev limiter this winter so I can launch with boost built up. Hoping to see mid to low 10's with the 5 speed. Sorry for spilling my guts :):

Definitely a good combo, and you can't go wrong with anything from teamZ. Dave Zimmerman knows his stuff and engineers excellent products.We used to have an AJE k member on the Tbird, when it was a back half car. Sounds to be along similar lines to what I am doing with my fox body. Fox body's were my bread & butter work several years ago. I would definitely get at least a good 8pt roll bar and when it's installed, go the extra mile. Have outriggers from the subframe connectors to the rocker panels welded in and weld the roll bar (or cage) welded to that. Yes you can weld it to 6x6 plates but trust me it will still flex. If it will primarily be street cruised for short distances and spend a lot of time on a track, suck it up and put a racing seat in it. I have seen shoulder harnesses slip off when used with a stock seat (nothing to help keep them in place). Otherwise rock on, sounds like a fun car

ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Definitely a good combo, and you can't go wrong with anything from teamZ. Dave Zimmerman knows his stuff and engineers excellent products.We used to have an AJE k member on the Tbird, when it was a back half car. Sounds to be along similar lines to what I am doing with my fox body. Fox body's were my bread & butter work several years ago. I would definitely get at least a good 8pt roll bar and when it's installed, go the extra mile. Have outriggers from the subframe connectors to the rocker panels welded in and weld the roll bar (or cage) welded to that. Yes you can weld it to 6x6 plates but trust me it will still flex. If it will primarily be street cruised for short distances and spend a lot of time on a track, suck it up and put a racing seat in it. I have seen shoulder harnesses slip off when used with a stock seat (nothing to help keep them in place). Otherwise rock on, sounds like a fun car

Thank you for the advice, I don't know much at all when it comes to caging the car. It started out with a GT-40 combo with a Vortech V-1 blower a few years ago and then got a good deal from a friend on a complete TrickFlow top end kit and switched over to turbo at that time. Always been on a budget so didn't plan on the car being where it's at now when I first started. Future plans include C4 tranny (currently has an Astro Performance A5 built in a G Force case) and most likely 351 Windsor/turbo set up. Cool to hear you're a Fox guy! What are some of the details/plans on yours?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thank you for the advice, I don't know much at all when it comes to caging the car. It started out with a GT-40 combo with a Vortech V-1 blower a few years ago and then got a good deal from a friend on a complete TrickFlow top end kit and switched over to turbo at that time. Always been on a budget so didn't plan on the car being where it's at now when I first started. Future plans include C4 tranny (currently has an Astro Performance A5 built in a G Force case) and most likely 351 Windsor/turbo set up. Cool to hear you're a Fox guy! What are some of the details/plans on yours?

Can you build a C4 up to hold the power and torque you will have with that combo...???

ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Can you build a C4 up to hold the power and torque you will have with that combo...???

A lot of guys seem to suggest aftermarket C4's like Dynamic Racing Transmissions "Mighty Mite". TH-400 is always an option as well. Like I said, the car has kind of taken off in a direction that I didn't foresee so now am having to look into new things. Should have just done an ultimate build from the beginning instead of going through all the different set ups along the way.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    A lot of guys seem to suggest aftermarket C4's like Dynamic Racing Transmissions "Mighty Mite". TH-400 is always an option as well. Like I said, the car has kind of taken off in a direction that I didn't foresee so now am having to look into new things. Should have just done an ultimate build from the beginning instead of going through all the different set ups along the way.

Don't waste your time with a C4. Start looking at either a Powerglide or TH400. The biggest difference would be the TH400 has more gear ratio options. We run a healthy Powerglide with 8 or 10 clutch drum (got 2 glides one has 8 & 1 has 10 can't recall off hand which drum is in which one), straight cut planetaries, with a Coan bolt together super mega converter in our Tbird.

As for my fox body, I have a 12pt cage teamZ mini tubs, AJE Kmember, strange struts with coil over kit, QA1caster/camber plates, QA1 bumpsteer kit, flaming river manual rack, 9"narrowed 2&1/2"(each side) with 35 spline axles & spool, anti roll bar, strange coil overs, 4 link style upper & lower control arms with wish bone, wild rides upper and lower torque boxes with stiffner plates, Aerospace brakes all around, skinny tires up front and 29.5x10.5w's (may end up with 315 drag radials) on 15x12 wheels on the rear, Scott Rod Fab aluminum door panels, package tray, quarter trim, side mirror deletes, cowl panel, fiberglass dash, 10" lower "outlaw" nose, fiberglass hood /deck lid with teamZ 14" strutless wing. Will be running a BBF on spray (small shot) with a 'glide. When it's done it will certify to 8.50 in the 1/4 and shouldn't have any trouble running mid- high 8's. But have a long way to go before it's done

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom