Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My new truck at work. Only 2 ****ing pedals. I really don't even want to go into work anymore.

L66HNfz.jpg

Do you actually miss the 3rd peddle in that rig...???

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Still have some mechanical issues to work out. It’s still in Tennessee where it got painted.

Gotbto get the dead dead spot in the carb worked out and change out the stering column so I can get all the gears. D and OD is All I can get if I want park.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Holley 850 Ultra

I think the sqirters are still too small. I’ve been told the air gap likes looks of fuel on acceleration.

Is that a 383...???
    I have a 750 (heavily modified) on my 388. It flowed about 830 WOT on the bench. It was perfect.
    Do you think maybe you have just a bit to much carb.
    Of course the squirters may well be the issue and I am off my rocker. Would not be the 1st time nor the last I am sure.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Is that a 383...???
    I have a 750 (heavily modified) on my 388. It flowed about 830 WOT on the bench. It was perfect.
    Do you think maybe you have just a bit to much carb.
    Of course the squirters may well be the issue and I am off my rocker. Would not be the 1st time nor the last I am sure.

yes it is a 383. And now that I think about it, I’m pretty sure it was a 750

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Does the computer make good decisions.

I understand wanting the control.

Most of the time. But when it screws up is when I need it to do the right thing the most. If I turn a corner and start to climb a hill, it will try to skip a gear and go from 4th to 6th. 6th is to low and then it goes back to 5th. By this time I've lost my momentum and then it goes back to 4th. This hapoens when traffic is coming up on me quick.

When I'm loaded, I usually leave it in manual mode and shift it with the buttons.

They have it programmed for better fuel mileage. I'm 129,000 pounds. There is no such thing as fuel mileage when you're that heavy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Most of the time. But when it screws up is when I need it to do the right thing the most. If I turn a corner and start to climb a hill, it will try to skip a gear and go from 4th to 6th. 6th is to low and then it goes back to 5th. By this time I've lost my momentum and then it goes back to 4th. This hapoens when traffic is coming up on me quick.

When I'm loaded, I usually leave it in manual mode and shift it with the buttons.

They have it programmed for better fuel mileage. I'm 129,000 pounds. There is no such thing as fuel mileage when you're that heavy.

Well they have to have the option to sell it with the auto.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom