Not open for further replies.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    It would have loved this air. I've twisted the splines in my transfer case so I'm keeping boost low for now. ~14 lbs. She can handle 40 psi.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You should ALWAYS check for combustibles BEFORE welding!

A piece of printer paper fell from the dash while I was welding up holes in the firewall, the paper fell onto the seat, welding sparks ignited the paper, paper burned the seat!

eNjoiXI.jpg

That sucks. I have the tweed seat cover on my Kirkey seat, a few years ago my uncle was working on a small wiring project and was using an old school incandescent drop light. He sat the light in the seat, the metal cage was hot enough to melt a small round hole in the cover. Luckily, I was able to have a guy put a patch on it. That light went into the trash very quickly

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    That sucks. I have the tweed seat cover on my Kirkey seat, a few years ago my uncle was working on a small wiring project and was using an old school incandescent drop light. He sat the light in the seat, the metal cage was hot enough to melt a small round hole in the cover. Luckily, I was able to have a guy put a patch on it. That light went into the trash very quickly

The part that really sucks is I've had that seat probably pushing 20 years, don't remember where I got it so it's not as simple as just ordering a new cover. Getting it repaired will probably be close to the price of a whole new seat.:noway::spend::spend:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Even though my Eagle Talon was assembled in Norwalk, IL, it used a lot of Japanese sourced parts. The input coupler into the transfer case for the all wheel drive vehicles has not been copied by any speed shops (that I know of). I bought one of the last 6 new ones in the USA couple years back for $268!!! The tsunami that hit Japan a couple years back wiped out a Mitsubishi spare parts warehouse.

Water got into my storage bin and rusted it. I need to get that fixed before rebuilding my transfer case. Any suggestions??? Bead blast it maybe? Would shot peening it help strengthen it + remove the rust??

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Even though my Eagle Talon was assembled in Norwalk, IL, it used a lot of Japanese sourced parts. The input coupler into the transfer case for the all wheel drive vehicles has not been copied by any speed shops (that I know of). I bought one of the last 6 new ones in the USA couple years back for $268!!! The tsunami that hit Japan a couple years back wiped out a Mitsubishi spare parts warehouse.

Water got into my storage bin and rusted it. I need to get that fixed before rebuilding my transfer case. Any suggestions??? Bead blast it maybe? Would shot peening it help strengthen it + remove the rust??

Peening will tighten up the surface. I would probably glass bead it to clear away the rust.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Anyone been making any progress on their projects this week? I haven't, I have been in a weather funk. The last few days I haven't had any motivation.

I have been in the shop but working on HVAC projects to make money to spend on the car project. Also had 3 guns on the bench to get done.
    Weather has slowed my roll a step or 2.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Anyone been making any progress on their projects this week? I haven't, I have been in a weather funk. The last few days I haven't had any motivation.

The weather has me funked up to, been forcing myself to go out and do at least a little welding each evening to keep the forward momentum going. Didn't work on the hotrods last night but did pull both wheels off the bike in anticipation of Cycle Outfitters calling me and telling me the tires are in. Thinking about pulling the forks off and having them change the seals as one fork is a little damp. They charge $40/side if I carry them in.

pDHCco4.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom