• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    The missing IRS is a downer but other than that the only problem I can see is that it wouldn't be fair for the car for me to own it. I like to DRIVE them! Garage queens really don't do anything for me.

Solid axle is a plus for me. I, like you, would drive it very unresponsibly. Those 32V’s with Kenne Belle’s on them are just nasty. Fully forged bottom end from the factory. Ford got that car right. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was pushing 600+ to the wheels.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Solid axle is a plus for me. I, like you, would drive it very unresponsibly. Those 32V’s with Kenne Belle’s on them are just nasty. Fully forged bottom end from the factory. Ford got that car right. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was pushing 600+ to the wheels.

Having riden in several of the cars out of K.B.s shop I can attest to the nasty. they are/were wicked evil runners.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

You like to go in straight lines, I like the twisties. With minimal mods this beast can do both. On a side I've got an '04 Cobra IRS that will be going into my '89 GT 'vert when I get a few minutes spare time!:rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You like to go in straight lines, I like the twisties. With minimal mods this beast can do both. On a side I've got an '04 Cobra IRS that will be going into my '89 GT 'vert when I get a few minutes spare time!:rockwoot:

Few minutes.........I love this guy......Love him.

Seriously, that sounds like a hoot.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I’m out in Vegas overdosing on mega-trick everything on 2, 3, or 4 wheels... I like my new job at C&R Racing but damn I’d like to be able to get out of our booth and go see some of this stuff.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I’m out in Vegas overdosing on mega-trick everything on 2, 3, or 4 wheels... I like my new job at C&R Racing but damn I’d like to be able to get out of our booth and go see some of this stuff.

It has been several years since he has, but my dad used to get sent to SEMA every year. He was obligated to visit certain vendors and a couple seminars but the rest of the week was his. He always talked about how big the show was and just how much stuff was there. I'm looking forward to PRI in Dec.

What kind of work do you do at C&R?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That was my thought. There’s crate motors everywhere from Blueprint and Indy Heads and even straight from the Ford and GM parts bins that are more affordable.

We still have no idea what is inside that Hemi and it is a "Real" Hemi not the Helcatt new and improved version.
    If you pay a pro to build you a spec engine you will pay for it. Crate engines are no where near a pro built engine regardless of stats. I have seen to many scrap piles that were crate motors. Rusty Hornet documented one in this thread.
    Pro builder I know that recently passed away would get $25 to $30K for a sprint car engine. People were lined up for them.
    I am not saying it is the real deal but I would wager $25K would take that home.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yep, most crate engines have decent quality but often use mid grade internals. Too often people think they should be pretty much bullet proof and end up with a pile of scrap metal.
    Depending what you want and if you are starting from scratch or have some good used parts really makes a cost difference. Money buys horsepower, and pick your PRO wisely they are not created equal and your end product and satisfaction is in their hands

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom