Not open for further replies.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I think I just vurped a little!:puke:

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/d/1977-datsun-b210zx/6333442046.html

I'm not sure which is tougher to comprehend; somebody building it or somebody creating kit to build it!:dunno:

Looks like it was designed by a 10yo. If you squint your eyes and invision whatit would look like if the doors had what looks like missing parts, lower it so the rockers are only 4" off the ground...it might look kinda sporty.... Ummmm NO. DISREGARD

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Questions....
    1st...what is the HP range you are looking for.
    2nd...how much juice can you put on your existing drive train.
    3rd.....How much juice will that UniBody stang hold with out popping its cork.

There will be upgrades required as you climb the HP/Torque ladder. There are also huge smiles.

Oh don’t worry it’ll never happen. It’s nice to have dreams though.

That motor. Twin turbos. Dual fuel system: pump gas for street, corn juice for the track. Built TH400. 9-inch. Cage.

But to answer your questions...
    1st....Just enough to scare me/have fun
    2nd....stock motor and drivetrain will handle 375-400ish at the wheels for quite a while
    3rd....I’ll never be able to afford enough horsepower to worry about hurting the body.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

That motor. Twin turbos. Dual fuel system: pump gas for street, corn juice for the track. Built TH400. 9-inch. Cage.

2nd....stock motor and drivetrain will handle 375-400ish at the wheels for quite a while
    3rd....I’ll never be able to afford enough horsepower to worry about hurting the body.

Sounds like it will still bring out some smiles.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I’m not a fan of all the complexity they’re putting into stuff nowadays but wow....easy power and sat-nav and cush leather....crazy

And crazy expensive. But with a Warr.

If you are going to put that kind of juice through that stang you might want to look at upgrading the rear bushing and such. You would be amazed at the diff that will make. Especially if you get some good tires. That will expose the other weakness.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

It only takes money. Lol.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You like polyurethane?

Realistically how much cruising are you planning to do? How much comfort do you require?
    Back in the day we used to put urethane bushings on everything. They are a huge improvement over stock rubber. IF you are looking to build something a little more serious and want adjustability then you need to go with spherical bearings and rod ends. Regardless of how serious you want to make it, at a minimum you need to have weld in subframe connectors. A few other suspension mods would be great but you don't have to do it all at once

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Realistically how much cruising are you planning to do? How much comfort do you require?
    Back in the day we used to put urethane bushings on everything. They are a huge improvement over stock rubber. IF you are looking to build something a little more serious and want adjustability then you need to go with spherical bearings and rod ends. Regardless of how serious you want to make it, at a minimum you need to have weld in subframe connectors. A few other suspension mods would be great but you don't have to do it all at once

That was why I asked the questions of him. No unitized body with a stick will handle a lot of juice especially if you put something sticky on the back.

Before the general public could open a catalog and build/buy anything they needed we would spin up aluminum pucks to replace the factory rubber inserts. This help control wheel hop. Leaf/coil springs both.
    They were harsh but who freaking cared.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Keep up with the new Mustangs and Camaros ?

I like the "Oh S$$$" look and then the straight ahead stare like you are not there!

Covette owners are the best at the "I don't see you" look!

I have noticed quite quite a few used supercharger systems for 2V 4.6s lately? I would think the supercharger, gears, exhaust combo would get you into the fight. Wheelhop will raise its ugly head the Cobras of same years are famous for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DJLouis
    Top Bottom