• Status
    Not open for further replies.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm guessing they like to sneak in with a bottle or a turbo or two and see who they can sucker in.

It's not so much about suckering someone in. It's more about being confident in what you have and its badness. If they want to run cool. If you lose, well you learned something...you need to step up your game (aka the price of tuition). In street racing/ grudge racing it's all about bragging rights. Street racing, grudge racing, heads up racing isn't for everyone. It costs big money and is often a lessen in futility and is humbling at times. It's all part of the game. But it sure is coool

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    My new hot rod. 550 hp and 2050 ft lbs of torque. It pulls so much better! Now if they hadn't ordered the motherf'n auto shift, I'd be real happy.

I have VERY close personal knowledge of that engine, especially the fuel system. I tested and validated it back in 2010. Boy, did that end up being a learning experience.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's not so much about suckering someone in. It's more about being confident in what you have and its badness. If they want to run cool. If you lose, well you learned something...you need to step up your game (aka the price of tuition). In street racing/ grudge racing it's all about bragging rights. Street racing, grudge racing, heads up racing isn't for everyone. It costs big money and is often a lessen in futility and is humbling at times. It's all part of the game. But it sure is coool

You are spot on here. I seldom raced without skin in the game but I did more than a few times just for king of the hill rights on my bikes.
    I got my butt handed to me a few times but if you don't on occasion you learn nothing.
    I have also not taken someones money if they broke. Just me I am sure but it is bad enough to loose and seriously sucks if you scattered doing it.

I learned this when an older guy gave me my money back as I looked down at the mess on the street that had been a Liberated Muncie M-22. Look those up.
    He said nope, I did not win that one. I ran him again after I fixed my car and he kept my money that time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    hahahahahah!

Hobby stock was my 1st attempt at going in circles. I was not half bad at it but I learned you "HAD" to cheat to run up front.
    I learned to cheat. Well, along with every other top 5 runner.

I tried SCCA slalom (or what ever they called it back then) with my 67 Vette. What a hoot. I believe I introduced Drifting....:lmfao:
    I did get better but I was a lot faster than I was good.

We ran a USAC midget in the mid 80's. Mainly asphalt but a few dirt shows every season. Dirt was cool and very.............dirty. Asphalt was seriously fast and......clean. Thing is, you hit the wall a hell of a lot harder on asphalt. Or so it seemed.
    Again, much faster than I was good.

Drag racing. I am a monster at the drag strip. Cars are fast. I can wheel them pretty well. I understand it. Never had to load the car with a rake and a broom. All 4 corners were on them when they went back in the trailer.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have tried to go in circles.....go left and right.....go straight.
    I find that I and everyone else is so much safer if I just go straight.

First racecar I ever drove was a Mustang set up for SCCA, ran laps on the road course at IRP. I have driven late model stock cars, a modified and drag raced. Circle track racing is tougher on equipment. Seems like even on a good night there are almost always broken parts. Drag racing is a beast all its own. It offers plenty of challenges, and lets face it there's nothing like the distinct rumble of a big cu in engine..and you can play with power adders. All racing is good racing, but some are better than others

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    First racecar I ever drove was a Mustang set up for SCCA, ran laps on the road course at IRP. I have driven late model stock cars, a modified and drag raced. Circle track racing is tougher on equipment. Seems like even on a good night there are almost always broken parts. Drag racing is a beast all its own. It offers plenty of challenges, and lets face it there's nothing like the distinct rumble of a big cu in engine..and you can play with power adders. All racing is good racing, but some are better than others

I have made a butt load of laps at the park. That track is just neat especially coming out of the west through the lanes and left down the long straight which is the drag strip. Flat out for near a half mile into the tight right hander and back into the twisties.

Big cubes are next to Nirvana.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Never have tried to race the Dodge, it's just pretty. It is fun when you stop at a light as the revs drop off to idle and that unsteady rumble begins with a small shudder of the car. That always gets a look assuming the color hasn't already.:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom