Not open for further replies.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I've made a little more forward progress on my project as well; I managed to get the strut rod brackets welded into the racecar last night and although I'm not a welder (I own one) it turned out pretty well! Tonight I'll clean it up and throw a coat of primer and a little chassis black on it to protect it until I decide how I want to treat the underbody.

I forgot. What kinda car is your race car? Is it a Cougar? Or a Torino?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I’d put stereo just below socket set as most important garage tool

There has to be tunes.

You guys are absolutely right. Gotta have tunes in the garage and when appropriate they need to be able to be loud. Sometimes you just gotta get a little bit rowdy

1200 watt various manufacturer component system thru 4 strategically placed speakers for me; all auction acquisitions for a grand total of about $60 invested!:rockwoot:

Of course I'm always looking to upgrade so the neighbors over on the next section line can "enjoy" it also.. . . .

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1200 watt various manufacturer component system thru 4 strategically placed speakers for me; all auction acquisitions for a grand total of about $60 invested!:rockwoot:

Of course I'm always looking to upgrade so the neighbors over on the next section line can "enjoy" it also.. . . .

I built the shop system (except the graphic equalizer) from the non-firearms related section on ingo. It is a digital surround that will maintain 550 watts delivered. 2 huge Yamaha towers and 2 smaller Klipsch towers mounted up on the walls. 12" powered sub. It will rattle your spine.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I built the shop system (except the graphic equalizer) from the non-firearms related section on ingo. It is a digital surround that will maintain 550 watts delivered. 2 huge Yamaha towers and 2 smaller Klipsch towers mounted up on the walls. 12" powered sub. It will rattle your spine.

Which is just about right!!!

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Wow, I'm jealous of your sound systems. All I hae is just a sound bar and pandora on my phone....unless you count the music from 8 cylinders of BBF. Yep gotta upgrade my sound system

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wow, I'm jealous of your sound systems. All I hae is just a sound bar and pandora on my phone....unless you count the music from 8 cylinders of BBF. Yep gotta upgrade my sound system

My daughter and SIL have a Bose soundbar and that thing is crazy amazing. It does movies (with the woofer running) really well.

The mechanical music is hard to match.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well, I'm thinking I might try to get the bird out one last time and call it a season. Then I will winterize it and put the trailer on jack stands. Then I think I will focus some more attention on getting some work done on the Mustang. I have a looong way to go before it'll be ready to roll under its own power. Hopefully the winter won't be too bad so I can make hay on the body work. The goal is to have it ready to drop off in paint prison by spring.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, I'm thinking I might try to get the bird out one last time and call it a season. Then I will winterize it and put the trailer on jack stands. Then I think I will focus some more attention on getting some work done on the Mustang. I have a looong way to go before it'll be ready to roll under its own power. Hopefully the winter won't be too bad so I can make hay on the body work. The goal is to have it ready to drop off in paint prison by spring.

Paint prison.....Man you hit that nail dead on the head.

My headers should have shipped today. Jegs direct ships from Heddman's place on the left coast.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hopefully I’ll get the gear swap done before Thanksgiving. After that I’ll be in full-on savings mode.

I landed a good project today. Loosens the purse strings a bit.
    We have all of our Christmas shopping down. Just need to get the garland/wrapping paper and we are done. That was a chunk. But I am free.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I landed a good project today. Loosens the purse strings a bit.
    We have all of our Christmas shopping down. Just need to get the garland/wrapping paper and we are done. That was a chunk. But I am free.

I worked 6pm Saturday to 2am Sunday and then got up at 7 and worked 8am to 2am this morning. As much as I’d like to sock that away most of it will go towards Christmas.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom