• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I've got a squeak in the front end, but it only happens after the engine bay is totally heat soaked. Normally driving and when you're continuously moving it doesn't happen, but if you're sitting in traffic or idling there's a squeak. Sounds kinda like a bushing to me. Feels like it's in the steering somewhere. Any thoughts?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My son and I picked up the last truck load of firewood for the winter and got it stacked and ready.
    We pondered what to do with this beautiful afternoon. My SIL came out and pulled the tarp off of his 1971 Buick Riviera and popped the hood. That was all it took.
    Found all the bits and pieces to make the 750 Holley Vac secondary fit/work on the 455. Used my tight radius 3/8th" bender and mad a sweet fuel line for it. Landed the wires on the starter. Figured out a few things that we need to get. Good progress today.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    It's gotta be the dome light bulb.
    I'm sitting here trying to figure out someone else's squeak or maybe not a squeak (OPs best guess to describe it). I haven't heard it so my guess is the bulb. Try a LED dome light.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Been working on the front end of the racecar this weekend, I don't have a lift so have to use the next best thing:

17db9v.jpg
    [/IMG]

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I like it. Oh yeah. Anything to keep from crawling.

I like it but...where are the jack stands? Fab some extra tall stands and use the equipment to sit up high enough to work on

Most definitely! This was actually just a trial to see how much room I could get lifting it up. I've got a bunch of 4x6 timbers that I'll be building essentially a gallows to hang it from for working on. That should support it sufficiently to allow a safe working environment, I'm not much on trying to prevent an "Act of God" because, really?:laugh:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Velocity has a show on doing a piece on the killer Dodge wheelstander.
    I need to rewind and watch it. Will report back.

There ARE some things I miss about not having "the tube" in the house any more but commercials are tough to get over for me so I'll keep the $100+ per month! I wonder if any of the online stuff has velocity on it. . . . .

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom