• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    There is a great ideal for the Z axis nuts. I am changing my i3v and Harry's Pegasus and building the homebrew this way:

Makerfarm I3v ACME Lead Screw Upgrade by M8ker - Thingiverse

You will need these X2: 8mm T8x2 Lead Screw Trapezoidal ACME w/ Anti-Backlash Nut kit 140 200 300 400 | eBay

And this: Aluminum Flexible Shaft Coupler 5 8 mm For CNC Reprap Prusa i3 3D printer etc

The Pegasus might require a different top bracket, maybe thicker. Or make a spacer. The mod is for the I3v and they want you to replace the bottom motor bracket with a slotted one. So you can align the rod parallel with the Z axis track. I don't think they make a slotted bracket for the Z axis on the Pegasus. Spacing or shimming should work fine on it. I will post when I do it. I ordered the stuff a few days ago.

I am going to do this mod also. Need to find out how long of rods I need first.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Are you using BL Touch for ABL?

And once its set up can you easily change your z offsets via software?

Asking because PETG needs some room it can not be pushed into the bed it needs to air drop.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Are you using BL Touch for ABL?

And once its set up can you easily change your z offsets via software?

Asking because PETG needs some room it can not be pushed into the bed it needs to air drop.

That is the probe I ordered. The i3v has zero provisions for ABL :( I have to download the latest Marlin and setup up everything from scratch. I was going to go the servo route, but It takes up to much room. The BL touch will be easier to mount and work around.

I am going to use the same firmware you are using on the Pegasus on my build. That ABL seems to work well.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I just traded that crappy Wanhao D6 before it died a final motherboard death for a MakerFarm Pegasus 8 dual extruder made by a guy who runs a CNC business.

I don't need it but trading crap for good at least.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I just traded that crappy Wanhao D6 before it died a final motherboard death for a MakerFarm Pegasus 8 dual extruder made by a guy who runs a CNC business.

I don't need it but trading crap for good at least.

That's cool. I have been looking at them but I don't know that I will go that far with printing. Nice score! It should not be to hard to mount that if you want to. I looked at the dual one that Maker farm sells and the price seems reasonable too.

When you get a chance post some pictures of the new extruder.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I have the dual extruder kit for my Peg 12 but only put one on for now. This trade is a complete crappy 3d printer for a complete 8 inch MF dual ext kit assembled by a dude like you lol.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have the dual extruder kit for my Peg 12 but only put one on for now. This trade is a complete crappy 3d printer for a complete 8 inch MF dual ext kit assembled by a dude like you lol.

You gotta let me know how that thing works when you get around to hooking it up.

And I hope to make it over to Harry's tomorrow to get you some pictures of the wiring. Sorry about the delay, I have has some health issues come up.

Most of the printer parts for #2 have shipped. I just need to order stepper motors and a bunch of hard. Hopefully over the weekend I will start working on the frame.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    [video=youtube;ecwK3UMxoxQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecwK3UMxoxQ[/video]

I thought about that scene too.

The same people who believed that you could take a Glock thru a metal detector in the 80's probably believe now that you can print one using a 3D printer now.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Any of you guys planning on going to the Midwest RepRap festival that was brought up earlier in this thread?

Providing the health allows, YES!! Looking forward to it.

I just checked status on the #2 printer. Stuff ill start showing up tomorrow. The majority will be here on Monday if not Saturday. I should have everything in by the end of next week.
    the fun begins

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Any of you guys planning on going to the Midwest RepRap festival that was brought up earlier in this thread?
    My goal is to be there at least on Saturday.

Came across a close out offer for the CnC Rostack Max V2 kit @ $400 off the original price this week and have been forcing myself to not revisit the listing....that would just be soo stupid.

My offspring looked at me with questioning eyes back in December when I added the Select Mini; maybe as justification that has been my recent go to printer if size isn't an issue and it's results are still impressive for only being a $200 printer.

View attachment 52897

Top Bottom