• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    When some spools get low on filament the AMS won't rewind them and they bounce around. The cores allow you to add weight to them so they load and unload easily. Alternatively I sometimes toss a dead D battery in a spool for weight. I use a lot of Sunlu PLA+ filament (good quality and almost always on sale on amazon) on plastic spools, so I use the core that is specific to those spools.
    The spacers are for putting other brand filament onto the bambu reusable spools. Polymaker is a popular brand, but comes on cardboard spools. The cardboard doesn't always roll well in the AMS (you can wrap the edges in electrical tape to help) and the little cardboard dust can gunk up the AMS. With the proper size core I can rip one side off the cardboard spool, slide the core in, put it on a bambu spool, rip the other side off, and attach the other side of the bambu spool. I have had a lot more success with this strategy than the printable rings that are supposed to clip onto cardboard spools.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    When some spools get low on filament the AMS won't rewind them and they bounce around. The cores allow you to add weight to them so they load and unload easily. Alternatively I sometimes toss a dead D battery in a spool for weight. I use a lot of Sunlu PLA+ filament (good quality and almost always on sale on amazon) on plastic spools, so I use the core that is specific to those spools.
    The spacers are for putting other brand filament onto the bambu reusable spools. Polymaker is a popular brand, but comes on cardboard spools. The cardboard doesn't always roll well in the AMS (you can wrap the edges in electrical tape to help) and the little cardboard dust can gunk up the AMS. With the proper size core I can rip one side off the cardboard spool, slide the core in, put it on a bambu spool, rip the other side off, and attach the other side of the bambu spool. I have had a lot more success with this strategy than the printable rings that are supposed to clip onto cardboard spools.
    ah ha! Thanks! :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Nope, mine has been flawless and way faster than my old Ender 3 Pro

It doesn’t have to be connected to the internet either
    ^^^ What he said.

If it's a concern for you, don't connect your printer to wifi.

If you really need network connectivity for your printer, and have concerns about big brother knowing what you're printing, then yeah, your might need to steer clear of Bambu. Just remember that your ISP is also perfectly capable of seeing what sites you visit and files you download, so you're a lot more likely to get cooked based on your web history than your printer logs, IMHO. That's assuming 3d printing guns ever becomes illegal in our state, which last I checked, it's not. So I guess China can cry their heart out when they see me print another Orca on my Bambu, and I don't really care. :)

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    You could also block the calls to home base if you use a pi.hole or adguard or similar network monitoring devices.

Top Bottom