The Libertarian Party Race is Filling Up?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Did you watch the video or read his response? I think the reality is much different than the headline, and I think his response is honest. As much as he talks about Syria, I don't think he is ignorant of the issue.

they were on a completely different topic when the word "Aleppo" was thrown out.
    Gary Johnson: 'What is Aleppo?' - Business Insider

"This morning, I began my day by setting aside any doubt that I'm human. Yes, I understand the dynamics of the Syrian conflict — I talk about them every day," Johnson said in a statement to POLITICO. "But hit with 'What about Aleppo?' I immediately was thinking about an acronym, not the Syrian conflict. I blanked. It happens, and it will happen again during the course of this campaign.

"Can I name every city in Syria? No. Should I have identified Aleppo? Yes. Do I understand its significance? Yes."

Making an issue out of that is about like trying to make an issue out of Hillary's coughing fit yesterday. If either is a long term problem (Johnson's knowledge or Hillary's health), then a broader view will expose that.

"Can I name every city in Syria? No. Should I have identified Aleppo? Yes. Do I understand its significance? Yes."

IDK, I watched the video clip Indy posted, and it does not appear to have been edited in the crucial part. Given your [STRIKE]alibi[/STRIKE] explanation, one would think he would twig as soon as the host says it's in Syria. But it's not until the host mostly completes the statement to the effect that it is the epicenter of the refugee problem that Johnson says he's got it

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

I do think (from the medical standpoint) the thrombosis history is a real concern for someone in that stressful of a job. But I don't know how serious hers was nor if one can declare it no longer an issue.

Edit to add: by the way AAPS has a stated mission of protecting the physician-patient relationship. IOW, they are anti-Obamacare, against government interference in medicine and obviously of a very conservative political bend. They are called quacks by some, a designation I don't agree with though I think they occasionally stretch the evidence when it suits their purpose. Like the rest of us, their bias is going to affect their opinions.

This was also an internet survey. So while I think the thrombosis could be a concern, this organization isn't the most likely to give Hillary a fair shake.

IDK, I watched the video clip Indy posted, and it does not appear to have been edited in the crucial part. Given your [STRIKE]alibi[/STRIKE] explanation, one would think he would twig as soon as the host says it's in Syria. But it's not until the host mostly completes the statement to the effect that it is the epicenter of the refugee problem that Johnson says he's got it

It's not my explanation; it's his. My point is that if I'm going to judge him on his knowledge and views of Syria, he's already had a lot to say about it. He's not claiming he was familiar with that particular city. He's claiming his mind just wasn't on Syria when the question was asked. I don't think the question was inherently "gotcha". But if he had led with "let's talk about Syria" it would have made for more appropriate conversation.

The most disappointing thing to me is what led the news cycle today: first Hillary's cough then Johnson's gaffe. Neither one of these headlines addresses any substantial underlying issues and instead are basically just a war of tweets of people making fun of someone they already don't support.

Last edited:

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Does twitter actually have any other purpose? :)

The problem is that the rest of the news is competing with Twitter on Twitter's terms.

I listen to 93.1 in the mornings primarily for the traffic reports. I don't mind Tony Katz normally and I agree with him at least 50% of the time. He spent at least 30 min on Hillary's cough. I found it rather pointless and disgusting.

Then in the afternoon the "chicks" were laughing at Gary Johnson and basing their comments on the sound bite. Those two used to be rational OR light-hearted (not usually both, though I think they are probably smarter than they seem on air).

Website headlines were similar. What's concerning is that this kind of crap obviously gets listeners/viewers.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Johnson needs to start making more gaffes, I've heard his name more in the media in the last week than in all previous weeks combined.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    When you're a liberal social justice warrior of course you'll be popular with the liberal old dying media.

I'm sure he'd be a huge hit with NPR too, if they weren't in the bag for Hillary.

To be fair fox/conservative news isn't exactly new up and coming media.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Very nice q and a tonight at Purdue. Mitch Daniels hosted Gary Johnson. Venue full.

A veterans group was there to give their endorsement .

Mitch: "Sir, you just gave intelligent, candid, politically risky, unpredictable answers all apparently grounded in a consistent philosophy," Daniels said. "What are you doing in this election?"

Last edited:

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    So is johnson a libertarian? Supports TPP, his vp is anti gun and long time clinton friend. He is a huge open borders advocate and yells at reporters for saying the word illegal when describing illegal aliens. His record as governor is actually really not good at all, granted the legislature was mostly democrats so that point can be argued. He only wants weed legalized, not all drugs. He socially liberal. Most of his positions arent libertarian. Trump is the only answer at this point.

Top Bottom