The Libertarian Party Race is Filling Up?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You could possibly classify Trump as a Blue Dog Democrat, but he isn't a progressive, social justice warrior, globalist Democrat like the other two.

... He's quite Progressive, and SJW, and Democrat. I don't know where you're getting your information, but you might consider unsubscribing to that newsletter.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You could possibly classify Trump as a Blue Dog Democrat, but he isn't a progressive, social justice warrior, globalist Democrat like the other two.

I'm basing it on the RNC. That was probably the most "democratic" republican convention I've ever witnessed. Well, I'm not exactly sure I was awake for the entire '96 convention so I can't say for sure I witnessed all of it.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    ... He's quite Progressive, and SJW, and Democrat. I don't know where you're getting your information, but you might consider unsubscribing to that newsletter.

Which plank of Trump's campaign is progressive?

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions

As for his SJW cred, he is the most politically incorrect candidate I've ever seen. He's not afraid to call and illegal immigrant an illegal immigrant, or an Islamic terrorist an Islamic terrorist.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Haven't read the article, but the title looks good. If only he wasn't a social justice warrior. I might be able to vote for him.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Jill Stein? She's the major, out-there SJW. Or even Trump? Clinton?

Among the four... I think it would be difficult to label any one of them without mentioning the rest.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Are you sure you aren't thinking of Jill Stein? She's the major, out-there SJW. Or even Trump? Clinton?

Among the four... I think it would be difficult to label any one of them without mentioning the rest.

He's not on the scale of Clinton but he's definitely got a SJW streak in him. Way too broad for what I would think libertarians would be willing to support. My only guess it that is meshes with their own preferences and proclivites.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill

See above, watch him get triggered like a precious snowflake at the term illegal alien.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Jill Stein isn't a candidate of any consequence. She's not even on the ballot in half the states.

Anyone who throws a temper tantrum when someone uses the term "illegal alien" is out there with the rest of the moon beams and social justice nutters. And that's not to take anything away from Clinton or Trump. Both are nutters in their own right. Point is, it's the one thing--well, there's the whole sore winner/douchebagery thing with Austin Peterson--that keeps me from being able to support Johnson. Every time I take the i-side-with quiz, of the three social justice warriors in the race, I side with SJW Johnson on most issues. But the issues in disagreement are deal breakers.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    See above, watch him get triggered like a precious snowflake at the term illegal alien.

The dude needed to be ***** slapped for that. C'mon. It's a descriptively accurate term. It doesn't matter if drug felons don't like the label, or whether that should be a felony or not. A drug felon is a drug felon. It's a descriptive term. Same with illegal alien. They're not citizens. They're alien. They're not here legally, they're illegal. So it's fitting and accurate, whether or not they find the term offensive, and whether or not the law is good or bad, to call them illegal aliens.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Has anyone else heard the only adult in the room's commercial on 560am or your local radio station?

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    The dude needed to be ***** slapped for that. C'mon. It's a descriptively accurate term. It doesn't matter if drug felons don't like the label, or whether that should be a felony or not. A drug felon is a drug felon. It's a descriptive term. Same with illegal alien. They're not citizens. They're alien. They're not here legally, they're illegal. So it's fitting and accurate, whether or not they find the term offensive, and whether or not the law is good or bad, to call them illegal aliens.
    Trump does have problems, but he will call a spade a spade.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump does have problems, but he will call a spade a spade.

yeah, but the way he does it often sounds incredibly racist. Now granted, the people who report on such things tend to make him sound racist when he's not. But there is a reason why Washington speak has become what it has. Trump's ability to say what he wants only works with the few people who don't care.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    yeah, but the way he does it often sounds incredibly racist. Now granted, the people who report on such things tend to make him sound racist when he's not. But there is a reason why Washington speak has become what it has. Trump's ability to say what he wants only works with the few people who don't care.
    Trumps popularity proves people are sick of "Washington speak", and political correctness.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    We shall see...it's relatively easy to fill a stadium with devoted fans. But more people go bowling in a week than will attend an NFL event in a season but because the coverage shows a huge crowd everyone thinks it's something (not to mention NASCAR). So, we shall see.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    We shall see...it's relatively easy to fill a stadium with devoted fans. But more people go bowling in a week than will attend an NFL event in a season but because the coverage shows a huge crowd everyone thinks it's something (not to mention NASCAR). So, we shall see.

Yeah we see reports of Hillary doing it every day.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I was trying to find it again to link it or quote it but can't. Marco Gutierrez had a hilarious quote when an interviewer sought to take him to task for using the term 'illegal alien'.

He said something to the effect that 'If you broke the law to come to America, you are here illegally. If you shoplift something, you're not an undocumented possessor of goods - you're a thief'

Top Bottom