• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Three: The ending of a "life" that is not yet a "person" and endable due to the absolute bodily property rights of the mother.

For those who don't understand what "OUR" president supports!!!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_W75zh1j2I]YouTube - Dr. Lile PBA Partial Birth Abortion Demo Pro-Life[/ame]

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    par·a·site (pr-st)
    n.
    1. Biology An organism that grows, feeds, and is sheltered by taxpayers while contributing nothing to the survival of its host.
    Why not start with these parasites?

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    You are making assumptions...

That does not tell you anything of the sort, unless you want to read into that when it clearly is not so. So, how many children that have been brought up by their naturalized parents have been neglected/abused?

Between the two choices...negected/abused or death by scapel...I'd choose the prior...how about you?

Looks like you already own blinders of your own kind.

I never advocated death by scalpel... The only abortion I've advocated is the morning after pill. There's a stark difference IMO.

Parents have the right to raise their children, and some will be neglected/abused. But who's going to raise the children born of mothers who never wanted them (beyond the night of conception)? Some have said that's what taxes are for...that's f'n ignorant. I think it's wrong to deny an EARLY abortion, then not provide PROPER raising for them.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I just wanted to make sure you thought "killing was killing", no matter what the circumstances ("no matter how you want to paint it", in your words). So you're obviously against our nation's foreign & domestic wars, capital punishment, self-defense, etc. That's fine. I had assumed it was unlikely that you held those beliefs, what with your USMC screen name & membership on a gun owners forum. Because of my assumption, I thought you'd perhaps want to restate your position. I apologize..

Now you are putting words in my mouth and starting to **** me off. You are not only single minded but you are simple minded all so. I should have known from the onset with your comment on euthanasia (another “family issue”) that you are wasted effort. Ok I will type slowly, so you can follow, Killing is killing those are my words in the context of abortion. The difference in your examples is the knowingly. You KNOW before you decide to abort that you are taking a life. You don‘t accidently have an abortion. If you want to debate abortion then keep you examples relevant. Questioning my service and making assumptions from a screen name is pretty lame.

It appears that you're saying money will, in fact, raise a child on it's own. That, coupled with your assertion that "there are plenty of people wanting to adopt" tells me that you believe there are currently zero children being neglected/abused in the foster care system. One question: how much did they cost, and where can I get a set of blinders which are that effective?

There you go again making assumptions when you do not have a clue. I don't have all the answers and don't pretend to live a prefect world. Whats your answer all the children being neglected/abused in the foster care system. Let me make an assumption, euthanasia?

I'm not trying to upset anyone here. I'm trying to provoke thought beyond gut-reaction in what I view to be a very important topic for our generations.

This is my thinking beyound gut reaction. I don't see anything in your post that would be considered thought provoking, thats probably a little higher then you can reach. Use examples that are relevant, listen (read and understand) to the views before reacting.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I never advocated death by scalpel... The only abortion I've advocated is the morning after pill. There's a stark difference IMO.

Parents have the right to raise their children, and some will be neglected/abused. But who's going to raise the children born of mothers who never wanted them (beyond the night of conception)? Some have said that's what taxes are for...that's f'n ignorant. I think it's wrong to deny an EARLY abortion, then not provide PROPER raising for them.

Have you ever stopped a robbery (or other crime) in progress, then willingly given the robber (or criminal) everything that he wanted at your own expense?
    Moving under the assumption that your answer is "no" then why would you expect us to do the same?

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm done. Too many people are getting emotional.

Let's all just agree that Obama is way off base & get back to the guns which protect our liberties. I'm gonna put my efforts into some letters to Bayh & Lugar instead.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Use examples that are relevant, listen (read and understand) to the views before reacting.

This is pretty funny, coming directly after this:

There you go again making assumptions when you do not have a clue. I don't have all the answers and don't pretend to live a prefect world. Whats your answer all the children being neglected/abused in the foster care system. Let me make an assumption, euthanasia?

...considering the guy has limited his "pro-abortion" advocacy strictly to the "morning after pill", and has said so at least a couple of times. Perhaps you should take your own advice.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    The abortion issue is like the gun issue... the two sides talk past each other, and rarely if ever is there any reasoned discussion or a meeting of the minds. It only takes one person on one side to say something just a little over the top, and suddenly everyone's drawing lines in the sand and returning to bunker mentality. It takes great effort to maintain an empathetic understanding of the other side for any length of time, and most people simply aren't up to the task. Those that are tend to burn out fairly quickly, throw up their hands and walk away.

It's like I'm psychic or something...

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    This is pretty funny, coming directly after this:

...considering the guy has limited his "pro-abortion" advocacy strictly to the "morning after pill", and has said so at least a couple of times. Perhaps you should take your own advice.

No he has not limited is Pro-abortion adocacy strictly to the morning after pill. You need to read the whole thread if thats what you think. He advocated abortion and euthinasia as being a family issue. Perhaps you should take some of my advice too.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I'm done. Too many people are getting emotional.

Let's all just agree that Obama is way off base & get back to the guns which protect our liberties. I'm gonna put my efforts into some letters to Bayh & Lugar instead.

Thanks for negative rep Paco. I did not neg rep you but thanks for being civil.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

Non governmental regulated Adoption.
    I think it is wrong to deny EARLY life...rejecting their right to life, the same as you have enjoyed.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    What this all comes down to is belief.

"I believe life begins at conception." vs. "I believe life begins at birth." vs. some middle ground.

"I believe" does not make fact. Things believed may also be facts, but this is corellative, not causative.

When the choice of abortion exists, some women will choose to abort and some will choose to carry their pregnancies to term. This is fact and indisputable. When the choice of abortion does not exist within the law, some women will choose to carry their pregnancies to term and some will choose to become criminals. This also is fact and indisputable.

Speaking for myself, I would say that the prospective mother and prospective father are in a much better place to make the decision than some bureaucrat in an office or some politician making a grandiose speech. We permit our politicians to deal with such minor things as time and money, but we do not see them do so in a responsible fashion. I cannot in good conscience entrust a decision this important to those I do not trust.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Oh, and FWIW, Carmel....

As usual, Obama is wrong. No surprise there. I didn't think anything he said could surprise me anymore, but the comment about "punishing his daughters with a pregnancy" (paraquote) had me speechless with my jaw on the floor.

There is no lower limit to the depths to which some "people" can sink.

Blessings,
    Bill

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    My personal thoughts are...if a woman wants to kill her unborn baby...she might as well get aborted as well, as if she does not feel worthy of producing life, then how is her life worth anything?
    My sis was pregnant with a baby who's nerve endings were growing outside the body. The baby also had a mass growing on the outside the body. This baby would have carried to term but would have been in a lot of pain until it died after being born. So tell me how her life isn't worth anything for making the mothers choice to terminate the pregnancy?

Also. Tell me why a person who gets pregnant but can barely care for themselves let alone a new life should be forced to bring a child into this world? Your telling me it would be better to let this child grow up in an uncaring home, or in the welfare system to later become a burden to society?

That said. I do not agree with abortion. But I do realize there are instances where it is necessary. I also realize that it is not my place to make that decision for another person.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    My sympathy to your sis. I personally leave a bit of gray area for circumstances such as the baby or mother's life or extreme quality or duration of life issues.

Point #2, however seems loaded. Nobody forced them to bring a child into this world(excepting rape.) They made that choice themselves getting pregnant. Not allowing an abortion is not the same as forcing someone to bear children.
    The only other choice left was death... so yes, uncared and burdensome would probably be their choice.

The decision would still be theirs - there would just be a penalty associated with the choice.

I know you weren't addressing me, just my thoughts.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    If the debate is on a womens right to control what happens to her body, why not argue prostitution? It seems that arguement would not invoke the same emotion as the abortion issue.

I think it becuase the abortion issue has become just another a reason to argue. Just another talking point for dems, and repubs. Granted a few are VERY passionate about this issue either way.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    My sis was pregnant with a baby who's nerve endings were growing outside the body. The baby also had a mass growing on the outside the body. This baby would have carried to term but would have been in a lot of pain until it died after being born. So tell me how her life isn't worth anything for making the mothers choice to terminate the pregnancy?

Also. Tell me why a person who gets pregnant but can barely care for themselves let alone a new life should be forced to bring a child into this world? Your telling me it would be better to let this child grow up in an uncaring home, or in the welfare system to later become a burden to society?

That said. I do not agree with abortion. But I do realize there are instances where it is necessary. I also realize that it is not my place to make that decision for another person.

I am sorry to hear about your sisters experience. There are always exceptions to the norm and that would certainly fall into that category.
    I'm not 100% cut and dry pro life, but when the only factors for these children being aborted are financial or burdening (punishment, as Obama would say) on the families, I feel that is quite selfish of them to discount a life, simply for those reasons.
    Yes, I'd rather a child be raised through the welfare system than to be terminated. I would rather be raised, uncared for than to not have an opportunity at life at all. If the government would step aside and let society handle their own personal issues, there are plenty of loving, caring families looking to adopt.

Top Bottom