• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    So are you also in favor of Islam mercy killings? What other killings don't you care that are going on, just because they are not YOUR business?

Im not in favor of any killing..your acting like Im standing out in the street with a sign that says "kill the babies" Im not for abortion nor am I against it..do I think its wrong? yes I do but who the hell am I to tell anyone how to run there life? if someone wants to snatch away the life of something and not even give it a chance the blood is on there hands not mine! Im thankful to be alive and I hate it that millions of unborn babies wont have the chance to have that same feeling.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Im not in favor of any killing..your acting like Im standing out in the street with a sign that says "kill the babies" Im not for abortion nor am I against it..do I think its wrong? yes I do but who the hell am I to tell anyone how to run there life? if someone wants to snatch away the life of something and not even give it a chance the blood is on there hands not mine! Im thankful to be alive and I hate it that millions of unborn babies wont have the chance to have that same feeling.

What part of BORN ALIVE do you not understand? He voted against a BORN ALIVE bill to prevent children BORN ALIVE from being killed or left to die.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    What part of BORN ALIVE do you not understand? He voted against a BORN ALIVE bill to prevent children BORN ALIVE from being killed or left to die.

who said I didnt understand it? yeah I think its wrong that he voted against it! but AGAIN who the hell am I to tell people how to run there lives?...if you wanna wanna know what I truly think should be done to mothers who abort there children whether it be born or unborn Ill tell you...they should be "water boarded" for several hours then put on a boat in the middle of the ocean and shot down by sharp shooters:rolleyes:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

You don't have to hold a sign in the street endorsing it.
    You indicated it was none of your business...and I simply asked that if a mother killing her child is none of your business, then is also a father killing his two daughters for mercy none of your business or the business of anyone else, for that matter?
    Should murder not be a crime?

Who are we as people to not care about senseless murders that these individuals carry out?

Who is the mother to tell her unborn child that they don't get the opportunity that she was afforded?

On the direct point with Obama, he supports ending the life of unwanted BORN children when failed abortion attempt results in LIVE BIRTH.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The people who get upset over abortion are not religious freaks trying to impose their views on others. They are getting upset for the same reason people do when the life of another comes to an untimely end at the hands of another.

I am no supporter of government interventions. But taking care of its citizens is one of the few things that I see fit only for the government. We are a free people but not free enough to go around killing as we please. Should we allow people to kill homeless bums? Should it be okay to kill illegal immigrants? Is its wrongness based on how many people knew the victim?

What about the middle eastern believers in "Sharia Law"... the men believe in killing their wife if they disobey. Should this "religious belief" allowed under law? Is it not anyone's business but the murderous husband? Murder transcends all religions, my friends. It is not an intervention between church and state to punish murder.

1,000,000 American babies are killed every year. One Million. I guess its okay because it took place in a hospital setting. Like it was mentioned before, the number of American soldiers killed in action never totaled that in one year. You'd have to add up all the casualties of war in the history of our country to get more than the 1 million that we kill every year.

Our founding fathers had this rubbish idea of ensuring "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" for all individuals in this country. But who among us quotes those old white guys anyways, right?

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    The people who get upset over abortion are not religious freaks trying to impose their views on others. They are getting upset for the same reason people do when the life of another comes to an untimely end at the hands of another.

I am no supporter of government interventions. But taking care of its citizens is one of the few things that I see fit only for the government. We are a free people but not free enough to go around killing as we please. Should we allow people to kill homeless bums? Should it be okay to kill illegal immigrants? Is its wrongness based on how many people knew the victim?

What about the middle eastern believers in "Sharia Law"... the men believe in killing their wife if they disobey. Should this "religious belief" allowed under law? Is it not anyone's business but the murderous husband? Murder transcends all religions, my friends. It is not an intervention between church and state to punish murder.

1,000,000 American babies are killed every year. One Million. I guess its okay because it took place in a hospital setting. Like it was mentioned before, the number of American soldiers killed in action never totaled that in one year. You'd have to add up all the casualties of war in the history of our country to get more than the 1 million that we kill every year.

Our founding fathers had this rubbish idea of ensuring "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" for all individuals in this country. But who among us quotes those old white guys anyways, right?

:+1:
    Some very good points, as I am an atheist and do value life...especially the innocent that cannot defend themselves.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    You don't have to hold a sign in the street endorsing it.
    You indicated it was none of your business...and I simply asked that if a mother killing her child is none of your business, then is also a father killing his two daughters for mercy none of your business or the business of anyone else, for that matter?
    Should murder not be a crime?

Who are we as people to not care about senseless murders that these individuals carry out?

Who is the mother to tell her unborn child that they don't get the opportunity that she was afforded?

On the direct point with Obama, he supports ending the life of unwanted BORN children when failed abortion attempt results in LIVE BIRTH.

yes murder should be a crime..it should be a crime punishable by death. yes I see abortion as murder but it is not a crime so why should I point fingers at someone who is not technically committing a crime? just because Im not pointing my finger doesn't mean Im for the murdering of innocent babies.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    This is such a tough issue because it conflicts with two rights that are very dear to us. The first is that human life shouldn't be taken except in defense of another life. The second is that a person has the right to control her own body.

Most anti-abortion absolutists are coming from a religious place. They believe God bestows a soul at the moment of conception. This, in my opinion, is not defendable.

The pro-abortion absolutists beleive that the baby isn't a human being until it's out of the womb, and in the case of Obama, he either believes that a baby that survives and abortion isn't a human, or that a human life may be taken in that case, I don't know his reasoning, but it can certainly be said that Obama holds the most extreme pro-abortion position possible. I don't think Obama's position is defendable either.

I think most people would agree that an abortion in the first couple of weeks is not murder, but the abortion of a viable nine-month baby not to save the mother is murder.

The argument should be where to draw the line.

Now, there are side issues to this that are rarely talked about. As a man, if I want to have the child, I have no say if the woman wants an abortion. If I don't want to raise the child, but the woman wants it, I am still required to support the child. My only choice is at conception, while the woman still has choices after. Saying that the issue has only to do with those who have a uterus is mistaken.

If the baby is a human being, killing it is murder. If it is a mass of cells not yet a human being, the government has no business in the decision. I think the resolution of this issue is impossible between the extremes, but if we can solve the problem of when abortions should be allowed, we will have solved it as best as it can be solved.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    yes murder should be a crime..it should be a crime punishable by death. yes I see abortion as murder but it is not a crime so why should I point fingers at someone who is not technically committing a crime? just because Im not pointing my finger doesn't mean Im for the murdering of innocent babies.

1. - You identify it as a crime
    2. - Should be punishable by death
    3. - You think abortion is murder
    4. - But since the government says it's ok (law), you are accepting of these murders.

So if the government wants to recognize Sharia Law, even though you are against murder, but since the government would be backing it that it is then acceptable as well, as it would no longer be committing a crime, right?

I'm just trying to get a better understanding where you are coming from, as you indicate it isn't anything to cause alarm about (none of your business), since it's legal.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    The abortion issue is like the gun issue... the two sides talk past each other, and rarely if ever is there any reasoned discussion or a meeting of the minds. It only takes one person on one side to say something just a little over the top, and suddenly everyone's drawing lines in the sand and returning to bunker mentality. It takes great effort to maintain an empathetic understanding of the other side for any length of time, and most people simply aren't up to the task. Those that are tend to burn out fairly quickly, throw up their hands and walk away.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    The second is that a person has the right to control her own body.

I think most people would agree that an abortion in the first couple of weeks is not murder, but the abortion of a viable nine-month baby not to save the mother is murder.

Control of her body, yes...but not to kill the life that is inside of her.

I think that life does begin at conception, as the division of cells immediately begins once this takes place. I am atheist, and my value of life comes from the appreciation for it and from experiencing it.
    The realization that if my mother would have aborted me, I would not have had the opportunity to enjoy all of the wonders of life.
    And to think that these selfish individuals are willing to steal that from an unborn child is beyond me...that is just too difficult to fathom.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    The abortion issue is like the gun issue... the two sides talk past each other, and rarely if ever is there any reasoned discussion or a meeting of the minds. It only takes one person on one side to say something just a little over the top, and suddenly everyone's drawing lines in the sand and returning to bunker mentality. It takes great effort to maintain an empathetic understanding of the other side for any length of time, and most people simply aren't up to the task. Those that are tend to burn out fairly quickly, throw up their hands and walk away.

You are correct to a degree...

Gun rights and life rights are both rights that should not be trampled on and no time other than the defense of protecting life, should it be taken.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    1. - You identify it as a crime
    2. - Should be punishable by death
    3. - You think abortion is murder
    4. - But since the government says it's ok (law), you are accepting of these murders.

So if the government wants to recognize Sharia Law, even though you are against murder, but since the government would be backing it that it is then acceptable as well, as it would no longer be committing a crime, right?

I'm just trying to get a better understanding where you are coming from, as you indicate it isn't anything to cause alarm about (none of your business), since it's legal.

now your just putting words in my mouth..I am not accepting of any murder. Im not very good at expressing my feelings without unintensionally putting my foot in my mouth so I will leave it with this..abortion is wrong..but it is not a crime...we as normal people can not do anything about it other than hold a sign and call these people baby killers..whats that going to accomplish? I vote but apparently that didn't do any good...I will continue to vote for as long as I can..which still will probably do no good. nothing I say or do..or you say or do will make a difference in anything. sure folks may say "its brings awareness" well we are all aware of whats going on so whats the next step? come up with something that will work other that fighting between the 2 sides and Ill happily join in. we both agree that aborting a baby is wrong and should be made a crime but apparently you are more passionate about the cause then I am and I tip my hat to you for that.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    now your just putting words in my mouth..I am not accepting of any murder. Im not very good at expressing my feelings without unintensionally putting my foot in my mouth so I will leave it with this..abortion is wrong..but it is not a crime...we as normal people can not do anything about it other than hold a sign and call these people baby killers..whats that going to accomplish? I vote but apparently that didn't do any good...I will continue to vote for as long as I can..which still will probably do no good. nothing I say or do..or you say or do will make a difference in anything. sure folks may say "its brings awareness" well we are all aware of whats going on so whats the next step? come up with something that will work other that fighting between the 2 sides and Ill happily join in. we both agree that aborting a baby is wrong and should be made a crime but apparently you are more passionate about the cause then I am and I tip my hat to you for that.

Thanks for helping clarify your position...I now have a better understanding...sorry if I made it sound like you supported abortion, as I clearly see that you do not.

The only thing we can do is stay active and hope the law changes to protect these lives.

I guess this isn't much different than unjust taxes...
    Nothing the average Joe can do to stop the oppressions, but if we stand together and make our voices heard, we can make a change.
    I attended the April 15th Tax Day Tea Party. That in itself will do nothing to change what is going on, but if we keep our stance strong and firm, certain politicians will have to find a new career come election day.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    What does "choice" or "controlling one's body" have to do with killing or starving a baby BORN ALIVE living outside anyone's body. What do the mindless abortionist shibboleths have to do with killing babies living, breathing, outside the mother's body, babies? If it's OK to kill a baby two hours after it's born, why not two days, two weeks, two years? The pro-death forces have embedded their tentacles well if they have otherwise sensible people blinding defending infanticide.

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    Somewhere around the time of the sixties a change happened, and people forgot how our government works. Our government is representative. Holding a sign on the courthouse steps is all well and dramatic, but it doesn't put you in touch with your representative. If your representatives have no idea what you think, how can they represent you? Start emailing or mailing them and encouraging others to do the same.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    You are correct to a degree...

Gun rights and life rights are both rights that should not be trampled on and no time other than the defense of protecting life, should it be taken.

Keep in mind that I was not taking a position one way or the other. I was merely commenting on the nature of the argument. Some politics is very congenial... all sides work together to get something done (I would actually submit that this is the more dangerous form, but that's a discussion for another time). Some politics is extremely adversarial -- to the point that changing anything is a Sisyphean task because there are so many dug in against change for fear of losing even the smallest battle. I'm just saying that abortion and guns fall into the latter category.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    We have a president who "authorized" the shooting/killing of 3 young black males (Somali pirates) but he is against dumping a bucket of water on the heads of terrorist to get information to stop further terrorist attacks but he supports ABORTION! I am confused and he is really conflicted!

1) If you're holding hostages, expect someone to try to kill you to protect the liberties of your hostages.
    2) Torture of prisoners who have basic human rights until tried in the courts is wrong...keep in mind, you can become a "terrorist" just for posting on these boards if things get too outta hand...
    3) When a fetus begins growing, it is a parasite, unable to exist without the mother. It's not sentient. At SOME POINT, it becomes a child. I won't debate that point with you, but the mother has rights & the child has rights. A parasitical fetus doesn't. Morning after pill = good. Partial birth abortion = bad. In between is gray & I would prefer it to be a family decision, not societal/governmental.

You have some awfully inconsistent views there Field King. Please step back & think about what I & everyone else here has said.

Top Bottom