Not open for further replies.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

I read the article by Col. West; mostly explanation of the history behind it, and I had to read closely to find Kellyanne's reply was just another "tweet", and not the stinging "rebuke" the headline claims. Meh.

Also, "Meryl who?" I know who she is, of course, but can't recall the last time I heard her name. This was designed to get everyone talking about her again and possibly remain relevant.

Well, Conway knows what a red herring is.
    I wonder how many people actually believe that trump wasn't mocking that guy's disability. Find me someone who thinks Trump wasn't mocking a disability, and I'll show you a fanboi unable to accept any criticism of "their guy."

:faint: Holy crap, Kut, I think we just found something you and I agree on. It's hard to look at his pose and not think that. I don't know what was in his head, so I won't claim to, but his gestures and facial expression do sure give the impression of mocking.

I'm thinking more of... "Take your award Ms. Streep, and sit the F down. Don't you guys know we're tired of being preached down to?"

I didn't listen to her speech. I couldn't care one bit less what she has to say. For me, it's more, "sit down, Hollywood. You're like the court jesters of society, paid to entertain us, not even to advise, let alone set policy of what is and is not acceptable. Go juggle some balls instead."

She can have her opinion. They can even give her a podium from which to express it, but for an entertainer to flap her gums, knowing that the libs will put her in the headlines rather than leave her in the obscurity she's been in for however many years is, well, sad. OK, just before posting this, I checked IMDB, and that's not really fair to call it obscurity- she has been making productions. The last one I personally heard about her in was 2011's "The Iron Lady", playing Margaret Thatcher, and the last thing I saw her in was 1979's "Kramer vs. Kramer", so she couldn't be less relevant to my life. I'm sure the libbies love her, though.

Again, "meh."

Blessings,
    Bill

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I finally got around to watching it on youtube. I think it was primarily hypocritical virtue signaling.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here's an interesting take on Streep by Bill Burr. It's burr. So you should already know whether it's NSFW.

[video=youtube;Uq68I6GCgvY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq68I6GCgvY&t[/video]

ETA: best line is "This is what drives me ****ing nuts. I can't stand when somebody tells me that their **** sandwich tastes worse than my **** sandwich...[because]...at the end of the day, I'm gonna be in the same fema camp sittin' right next to you."

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    ... I couldn't care one bit less what she has to say. For me, it's more, "sit down, Hollywood. You're like the court jesters of society, paid to entertain us, not even to advise, let alone set policy of what is and is not acceptable. Go juggle some balls instead."

To bad someone couldn't have delivered that message that night.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Same with the "power corrupts" mantra... if you have a never-ending stage on which to tell people what you think, you're going to do it.

She was in the safest place she could be to do that. There was nothing brave or special about what she did. She's a leftist telling fellow leftists how leftist she is.

Brave would be doing the opposite of what she did, and expecting to still get work a week later. Hollywood is a massive circle-jerk of people awarding themselves, trying to push their politics on their followers and fans.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    That's why I never watch this or the Oscars and such - show biz people giving awards to show biz people. Yawn.
    "Show business kids makin' movies of themselves, you know they don't give a **** about any body else..." - Steely Dan

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    :faint: Holy crap, Kut, I think we just found something you and I agree on. It's hard to look at his pose and not think that. I don't know what was in his head, so I won't claim to, but his gestures and facial expression do sure give the impression of mocking.

Ha. But you know what? I'm going to have to roll back my original statement. A friend posted a video, on FB, of Trump over the years, criticizing various people (imagine that). In those clips, he does a thing, describing non-disabled people, that is very similar to the thing he did to describe the reporter. I'm not above correcting myself, and as it stands currently, I do not believe Trump was mocking the reporter. Trump's display was well established prior to.

https://www.facebook.com/subjectpolitics/videos/1786799981537554/?pnref=story

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ha. But you know what? I'm going to have to roll back my original statement. A friend posted a video, on FB, of Trump over the years, criticizing various people (imagine that). In those clips, he does a thing, describing non-disabled people, that is very similar to the thing he did to describe the reporter. I'm not above correcting myself, and as it stands currently, I do not believe Trump was mocking the reporter. Trump's display was well established prior to.

https://www.facebook.com/subjectpolitics/videos/1786799981537554/?pnref=story

I thought so too. I saw the video that the media has shown of Trump supposedly mocking a disabled guy. That's the power of headlines. You read a caption and that can influence what you think you're seeing or reading.

But then I saw the same video you saw where he has made the same gesture many, many times. And that made me think Trump may not have even known the guy was disabled when he did it and didn't find out until the press started nailing him with it.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I doubt trump knew who the reporter was or anything of his disability, he lives in the public eye, the man has to be smart enough to at least realize openly mocking someone for a disability would be a bad thing.

It's more of a 'look at me I'm the guy who just said something stupid' gesture to mock anyone

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I think it's interesting to note that the whole thing started because a reporter (the one who was mocked) and a news agency he worked for, decided to deny ever writing that muslims were seen celebrating the twin towers coming down. I remember that same story being shared on the radio, NBC, FOx, ABC, and CNN all day long on 9/11, why are they trying to hide that they reported that story now?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    More media deception? Shocked!

It's almost as if they aren't interested in ever pursuing truth, just agenda.

Well, they mostly pursue a paycheck. But there seems no shortage of deceit that doesn't pay well for them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think it's interesting to note that the whole thing started because a reporter (the one who was mocked) and a news agency he worked for, decided to deny ever writing that muslims were seen celebrating the twin towers coming down. I remember that same story being shared on the radio, NBC, FOx, ABC, and CNN all day long on 9/11, why are they trying to hide that they reported that story now?

I rembered it too. When ****ing stephenopolos denied it, I was like, WTF?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Well, they mostly pursue a paycheck. But there seems no shortage of deceit that doesn't pay well for them.

I still wonder, why don't more folks who realize this ignore the mainstream media and press for the deceptive agenda pushers they've proven themselves to be?

What sliver of credibility still lingers in anyone's mind?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I still wonder, why don't more folks who realize this ignore the mainstream media and press for the deceptive agenda pushers they've proven themselves to be?

What sliver of credibility still lingers in anyone's mind?

It's not just the mainstream media. Media in general sucks. You have to look at numerous sources and try to find the right of it in the middle, according to your best guess and trying to eliminate one's inherent bias.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom