Not open for further replies.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Surprised I missed this trash.

NYT complains that Super Mario Run is sexist.

https://archive.is/ZOy3w

that was full of so much drivel it was hard to read.

But they mention 'super Mario 2' by which they mean our 'super mario 2' which is a re-skin of a japanese game doki doki panic, which I believe has no female characters. We got the one we got because even in the 1980s Nintendo knew their games were too hard for us (seriously some NES games are difficult, Ninja Gaiden and Battletoads anyone?) so they sent the US an easier game to keep from hurting our feelings

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Feminism isn't about women doing what they want. Feminism is about women doing what FEMINISTS want.

C2Ug9uZUcAE-G8l.jpg:small

C2Ug_NOUUAEVaGx.jpg:small

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Feminism isn't about women doing what they want. Feminism is about women doing what FEMINISTS want.

C2Ug9uZUcAE-G8l.jpg:small

C2Ug_NOUUAEVaGx.jpg:small

Attempts to co-opt "true" feminism into femi-nazism.

Kudos to those women who stand-up as feminists, but disavow anyone who tries to rope them into [STRIKE]goose[/STRIKE] march-step.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Feminism is back in fashion? Maybe if you survey in a college/university only.

Well, no. It is back in fashion. My sister-in-law is a feminist. And so are her friends. And so are her daughters. Well, one is. The other seems like she might have a strong willed, defiant head on her shoulders that could be capable of resisting the program.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Poll: Few Identify As Feminists, But Most Believe In Equality Of Sexes | The Huffington Post
    Maybe you have a small sample size.

More women believe in "equality", less in "feminism"

My SIL would say she just believes in equality. "feminism" was never mainstream. I'm just saying that it is coming back in style, not in the mainstream. My SIL isn't a nutty feminist, but she does believe that women are paid 77 cents on the dollar, and that it's simply because of discrimination instead of other factors, like deciding to work fewer hours so they can spend more time raising their kids, and so on. She also believes that 1 in 5 women are sexually assaulted. The list goes on. That's not the radical SJW in your face, take her shirt off, grab a wax figure by the balls kind of feminism. But it is still delusional.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My SIL would say she just believes in equality. "feminism" was never mainstream. I'm just saying that it is coming back in style, not in the mainstream. My SIL isn't a nutty feminist, but she does believe that women are paid 77 cents on the dollar, and that it's simply because of discrimination instead of other factors, like deciding to work fewer hours so they can spend more time raising their kids, and so on. She also believes that 1 in 5 women are sexually assaulted. The list goes on. That's not the radical SJW in your face, take her shirt off, grab a wax figure by the balls kind of feminism. But it is still delusional.

Ever bring up any of these points?
    th

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I don't know why this is so difficult for some.

Remove the labels: Male, Female. Black,White,Asian,Hispanic. Gay,Bi,Straight. (And any other contentious ones.)

Two people are hired for a job, with equal qualifications. Both should be paid equally. If one has significant experience that is relevant to the job, pay that person whatever additional amount is appropriate to that experience.

Two people are in the running for a promotion. One has been with the company X years, but worked elsewhere before in a capacity similar to the promotion. The other has been with the company x+5 years, and thus has seniority. Who gets promoted? All else being equal, I'm choosing the first one, with less time at the company, because that person has done a similar job already. If I'm in the position to choose who gets a reward, a promotion, a raise, a whatever, I want to get the data and personnel files after they're scrubbed of identifying data points. I want to know the candidates as Candidate Blue and Candidate Circle. No numeric or other order preferences.

Let the best candidate have the position, and the hell with all this privilege or prejudicial :bs:.

Blessings,
    Bill

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't know why this is so difficult for some.

Remove the labels: Male, Female. Black,White,Asian,Hispanic. Gay,Bi,Straight. (And any other contentious ones.)

Two people are hired for a job, with equal qualifications. Both should be paid equally. If one has significant experience that is relevant to the job, pay that person whatever additional amount is appropriate to that experience.

Two people are in the running for a promotion. One has been with the company X years, but worked elsewhere before in a capacity similar to the promotion. The other has been with the company x+5 years, and thus has seniority. Who gets promoted? All else being equal, I'm choosing the first one, with less time at the company, because that person has done a similar job already. If I'm in the position to choose who gets a reward, a promotion, a raise, a whatever, I want to get the data and personnel files after they're scrubbed of identifying data points. I want to know the candidates as Candidate Blue and Candidate Circle. No numeric or other order preferences.

Let the best candidate have the position, and the hell with all this privilege or prejudicial :bs:.

Blessings,
    Bill

But what would become of the....umm...."politically astute"? You know, those that will suck up and play golf with you and let you win? Who will laugh at your corny jokes? Those that will make sure you always seem to luck out in the office playoff pools? :D

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I'm still not aware of Pence doing anything that is strictly anti-lgbt, he made it so a business can't be forced to do something they are uncomfortable doing. I wouldn't want to cater a wedding if I'm an older christian woman for instance. I guess being pro- to one group automatically makes you anti- another group though

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm still not aware of Pence doing anything that is strictly anti-lgbt, he made it so a business can't be forced to do something they are uncomfortable doing. I wouldn't want to cater a wedding if I'm an older christian woman for instance. I guess being pro- to one group automatically makes you anti- another group though

supporting funding for gay conversion therapy + signing Indiana's RFRA = panties twisted tightly.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Yeah I may have forgot the conversion therapy thing. I don't believe that 'gayness' is natural and that is learned. In fact there are a lot in the LGBT community who believe it is a learned attribute. They accept it though.

Truth is there is so little scientific study done to LGBT related things that nobody can say for certain what is what

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    supporting funding for gay conversion therapy + signing Indiana's RFRA = panties twisted tightly.

This is a completely false and made-up charge. It relies in it's entirety upon a sentence on Pence's 2000 election website:

"Congress should support the reauthorization of the Ryan White Care Act only after completion of an audit to ensure that federal dollars were no longer being given to organizations that celebrate and encourage the types of behaviors that facilitate the spreading of the HIV virus. Resources should be directed toward those institutions which provide assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behavior."

Lefties have said that last sentence is "code-speak" for "conversion therapy". They neglect that it almost EXACTLY quotes the Dec 2000 Clinton Administration NHS Fact Sheet on AIDS/HIV:

Both the CDC and the NIH conduct prevention research to assure that prevention efforts are based on sound behavioral and biomedical science. Studies have demonstrated that behavioral change can successfully prevent or reduce the spread of HIV infection in both domestic and international settings.

and

NIH supports research to further understanding of how to change the behaviors that lead to HIV transmission-including preventing their initiation-and how to maintain protective behaviors once they are adopted in all populations at risk.

Source: https://archive.hhs.gov/news/press/2000pres/00fsaids.html

To say that Pence supported funding for gay conversion therapy based solely upon this is to accuse Bill Clinton as well as the NHS, NIH, and CDC of the same. (hint, they are talking about clean needles, condoms, etc.)

It's FAKE NEWS.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I'm not accusing Pence. I'm only giving the reasons LGBTs get their panties twisted over Pence. The RFRA wasn't what they claimed it to be either.
    Oh, those panties twisted, lol! In that case, I think we mostly agree, if not completely agree. LGBT militants get all nuclear on anyone who doesn't support 100% of their agenda (who wasn't named Clinton or Obama at the time, lol).

I researched this for my kids, who initially bought this hook, line and sinker. I analogized it as the "mean kids" in middle/high school who don't like someone for one reason or another and then spread malicious, false rumors against them. I.e. bullies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Speaking of kids... anyone know how prevalent this sort of mindset is in private schools? I don't have kids yet... but if I ever do, I think I'd probably do whatever is necessary to avoid public schooling.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom