Not open for further replies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well, there's some value having "retard" as a naughty word in that it carries more weight when invoked. Swear words have their value because of their ability to shock. Having every word be banal isn't good.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Are we having this discussion again?

You guys are supposed to be keeping me entertained while I wait for the last doc to approve my discharge.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Don't know about power bottom, but it is definitely a race to the bottom. The concept of intersectionality (I hate that my phone knew that term) multiplies your victim points if you can claim multiple "victim classes". The more victim points, the more virtuous and beyond criticism you are. This can also be called "institutionalized whining".
    And I thought "intersectionality" was about "my enemy's enemy is my friend" adhoc alliances between SJWs and groups they have nothing in common with....like sharia promoting, misogynist, islamists. Just goes to show what stupid gibberish their jargon is

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Are we having this discussion again?

The way I see it... since we last had this discussion... views about it have changed.

It's good to establish a new baseline once in a while. From those staunchly against it (with good reason) now *using* it... to Jetta maybe even coming around a little! I'm *this close* to taking them off my "might be slightly SJW" mental list! :)

That, and culture pushes you into areas you might not have been before. They say they're going to shut you down for the words you say? Well guess which words I'm going to use more to counter that.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    DkvOIeOXgAEBUzr.jpg:small

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

...so they know what pile of forms to start leafing through the next time they feel the need to blame a group of people for whatever is going wrong and find a solution thereto.

I mean, this is Germany, after all. Would you want your name on that form?

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    ...so they know what pile of forms to start leafing through the next time they feel the need to blame a group of people for whatever is going wrong and find a solution thereto.

Retarded.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    A buddy of mine is married to a well known thoroughbred trainer...They had a horse running in the Derby and he invited his buddy John Fagget to come to the backside of the track...He said he would meet at the entrance and bring him back...He see's him in the crowd and begins yelling "JOHN!!!" and of course there are many named John and his buddy wasn't responding...He cringed and yelled "FAGGET!!!!" Glares all around....He said he had to yell it a couple of times before his buddy finally heard him...He said they got glares all day...

A friend of mine tells a story of going on a road trip to see if he can find his college roommate in a very small town in Ohio based on a rough description of his house (pre-internet-on-your-phone-days). He made his way to Paris, OH which apparently consisted of one stop sign but also included spread out farm land. After driving the main drag a couple of times, he pulls over with his girlfriend and jokingly asks her, "I wonder if he'd hear me if I just yelled out KUHNS!!" At which point a lady across the street in her garden looked over and said, "I don't think so," before returning to her gardening.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass

But will the solution be final? Wouldn't want to have do it all over again in 10 years. Or 1000.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ball State board of trustees votes to remove name of Papa John’s founder from building, return money

Think about how this all started. The outrage mob ball just keeps rolling... probably forgetting what set it off in the first place... now they know they just have to fall in line.

This is what banning words gets you. This is what giving power to words gets you.

He uttered a word, in a discussion about PR, as an example... no ill-intent... and his livelihood is erased.

Well... he gets his money back.

So, taxpayers and new students are on the hook for paying for this.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I may be the only one that appreciates this tweet.

So, this is 2013.

Draginol (Brad Wardell) is the CEO of Stardock, a game developer. He happens to be pro-GamerGate... which happened in 2014.

TheQuinnspiracy is Zoe Quinn, the catalyst that started GamerGate when it was discovered that journalists were pimping her "game" after she ****ed a bunch of them (5, I think?).

The fact that she said she'd "do pretty much anything" was very true.

DkxTBVuX0AAU7TP.jpg:small

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I may be the only one that appreciates this tweet.

So, this is 2013.

Draginol (Brad Wardell) is the CEO of Stardock, a game developer. He happens to be pro-GamerGate... which happened in 2014.

TheQuinnspiracy is Zoe Quinn, the catalyst that started GamerGate when it was discovered that journalists were pimping her "game" after she ****ed a bunch of them (5, I think?).

The fact that she said she'd "do pretty much anything" was very true.

DkxTBVuX0AAU7TP.jpg:small

Interesting but you’re probably right....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom