• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If we're going to talk pockets, why is it that the pockets of every pair of pants/shorts I buy have pockets made of the flimsiest material known to mankind? I know they need to be relatively thin and flat to not show too much through the outside of the pants, but these things will wear a hold and burst open if you carry a dime in your pocket for ten minutes.

I need my pockets to be sturdy and durable, regardless of the size.
    Don't put your knives into your pockets with the blade bare. Those points and edges are very hard on pocketsess

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Oh I agree... my wife makes all of her own clothes... and her pockets are actually usable.

I don't know why women's pockets are so small. Seems like a million dollar industry to just make women's pants with big pockets.

I probably should have used purple. I really don’t try to put my XD in my pocket. That would be one YUGE pocket!

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    If we're going to talk pockets, why is it that the pockets of every pair of pants/shorts I buy have pockets made of the flimsiest material known to mankind? I know they need to be relatively thin and flat to not show too much through the outside of the pants, but these things will wear a hold and burst open if you carry a dime in your pocket for ten minutes.

Pocket pool can be rough on a garment. :)::stickpoke:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    inyz6ldfb3h11.jpg

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

Duluth Firehose Flex pants have the sturdy pockets you want. The pockets are the same material as the rest of the pant and if they ever wear out just exchange them for a new pair with the lifetime guarantee. Pockets are nice and roomy as well.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Don't put your knives into your pockets with the blade bare. Those points and edges are very hard on pocketsess

Should have seen that coming, yet I did not!

Pocket pool can be rough on a garment. :)::stickpoke:

Why, you!!! I oughtta . . .

So can sharp instruments. I think he’s looking for steel mesh pockets.

Et tu, Jamil-e?

Duluth Firehose Flex pants have the sturdy pockets you want. The pockets are the same material as the rest of the pant and if they ever wear out just exchange them for a new pair with the lifetime guarantee. Pockets are nice and roomy as well.

That is a fantastic suggestion! Unfortunately they do not make them in rhino size!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I know this doesn't specifically fit this thread... but I think it's pretty relevant.

11% of Americans are on anti-depressants.

That seems... high. Seems like an over-diagnosis. Like anyone that has a bad day or just feels bad one day thinks they need to be prescribed something that alters their mind.

I dunno.

I guess I'm dropping it here because... a lot of this SJW nonsense seems to be completely ****in mental.

Edit: I'm posting this as someone that was briefly on anti-depressant pills. I got nothing positive out of it, only negative side-effects, then dropped it for good.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I know this doesn't specifically fit this thread... but I think it's pretty relevant.

That seems... high. Seems like an over-diagnosis. Like anyone that has a bad day or just feels bad one day thinks they need to be prescribed something that alters their mind.

I dunno.

I guess I'm dropping it here because... a lot of this SJW nonsense seems to be completely ****in mental.

Edit: I'm posting this as someone that was briefly on anti-depressant pills. I got nothing positive out of it, only negative side-effects, then dropped it for good.

Watch THX1138 again

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

I dunno.

My daughter was truly clinically depressed for quite a few years. Medication worked wonders for her, as did counseling . She is now off of the meds and doing very well.

I say that as a lead in to the fact that I spent some time studying the subject, and one of the things that really struck me is that depression has something of a chicken-or-the-egg quality to it. There are a great number of different things that can be a triggering event, in my daughter's case it was likely the death of her grandparents that she was very close to right at the same time that she was hitting puberty. It is known that people that are depressed have a cycle of negative thoughts along with chemical imbalances, thus the value of medication and counseling. Here's the thing, everything I read said that scientist really don't know which comes first, the cycle of negative thoughts or the chemical imbalance.

The point being that being a full-blown SJW could well be dangerous to your long-term mental health if it leads to a cycle of negative thoughts. On the other hand, the negative thoughts that a clinically depressed person has are typically directed inward. SJW's seem to direct their negative thoughts at other people, so it may actually be a great coping mechanism. It could be a great thesis study for somebody.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    My daughter was truly clinically depressed for quite a few years. Medication worked wonders for her, as did counseling . She is now off of the meds and doing very well.

I say that as a lead in to the fact that I spent some time studying the subject, and one of the things that really struck me is that depression has something of a chicken-or-the-egg quality to it. There are a great number of different things that can be a triggering event, in my daughter's case it was likely the death of her grandparents that she was very close to right at the same time that she was hitting puberty. It is known that people that are depressed have a cycle of negative thoughts along with chemical imbalances, thus the value of medication and counseling. Here's the thing, everything I read said that scientist really don't know which comes first, the cycle of negative thoughts or the chemical imbalance.

The point being that being a full-blown SJW could well be dangerous to your long-term mental health if it leads to a cycle of negative thoughts. On the other hand, the negative thoughts that a clinically depressed person has are typically directed inward. SJW's seem to direct their negative thoughts at other people, so it may actually be a great coping mechanism. It could be a great thesis study for somebody.
    So many of them seem to wear their disorders like badges. Like if they can claim to have some laundry list of neuroses and disorders their opinions matter more.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So many of them seem to wear their disorders like badges. Like if they can claim to have some laundry list of neuroses and disorders their opinions matter more.

You're not wrong... people gather up labels and illnesses like pokemon cards... an effort to be even more unique and special and oppressed.

Watch THX1138 again

Never seen it. Concept sounds interesting, though.

---

Everything PETA does falls into the SJW category, right?

Nabisco's animal crackers to break out of their cages in new box design after pressure from PETA

Also... this... is just.... absurd.

front-hole.

What a bunch of front-holes.

PEAK SJW STATUS REACHED: New “LGBTQIA Safe Sex Guide” renames lady part to promote gender inclusivity - Twitchy

And here's the retarded guide: https://www.healthline.com/health/lgbtqia-safe-sex-guide

DlFaqkoVAAA-pqB.jpg:small

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I dunno.

I'm not going to say much about depression, rob already touched on that. But depression isn't the only thing people take those meds for. Anxiety has risen sharply in the past few years, and I think the number of people on meds is increasing not just because people want to take a pill for every little thing. There is that, but there are a lot more factors that that. Those meds can also be an effective treatment for anxiety.

Some literature suggests that anxiety is largely heritable, but has different triggers for the people who are more susceptible. However, coping skills and competence sets a sort of threshold for anxiety so that someone who is genetically more predisposed to anxiety will have less trouble with anxiety than someone who hasn't learned the coping skills. I don't think researchers really know to what extent the sharp increase in anxiety is due to genetics. But it seems reasonable to suspect that it's probably more social than genetic. Jonathan Haidt makes a good case that helicopter parenting plays a significant role in the increase in anxiety. Parents shield their kids progressively more, and kids are progressively less able to cope with things than they used to be, so the threshold for anxiety is lower. And more people suffer from it.

The top things people are anxious about in this spike are health and finances. So it's not surprising that people would feel some psychological comfort they might get in feeling like society has their back with more social programs. It's like we have more people willing to give up on striving for the top in exchange for mediocre but safe existence. The increase in anxiety for those things is not favorable for liberty in the battle for primacy between liberty and safety.

As far as SJWs, just listen to them. Fear of nazis everywhere. Fear of racism/dog whistles where there is none--even on INGO, as we saw recently. Everyone to the right of SJW is an evil racist, sexist, homophobic, bigoted fascist. That's all irrational anxiety. If those people need a chill pill, and it helps, I'm okay with that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

There's a study from the Netherlands which estimated that 1 in ~12K males have gender dysphoria, and 1 in ~37K females have it. Do we have to flip the "oppression" hierarchy to accommodate them? What about the female-to-males? If they want to be males, are do they become the oppressors now? Maybe the female to male transgenders want to identify with front pole instead of front hole. What about them?

These ****ing people are absolutely ****ing bat **** crazy. And they've infiltrated the highest positions just about everywhere. :tinfoil:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom