www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    are crossdressers worse?

Meh. If that floats your boat, I dont really care. Be a good person and treat others with respect.

My comment was more directed at Queens being more theatrics than a sexual thing as the author seems to imply they are equivalent. They are not the same. I could see someone getting their panties in a bunch (see what I did there?) about it if they are too straight laced assuming that being a drag queen is purely a sexual fetish. I rank Queens up there with cosplayers.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So have we decided that racism is more egregious than jokes about CP?

Dio4sBlVAAEYIOg.jpg:small

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Meh. I can think of worse. Drag queens are more akin to clowns than cross dressers. And drag queens are less scary than clowns.

I wouldnt actively seek out an event like this, but if I was at the library and this was happening, I would let my kids (11 and 9) decide if they wanted to sit and listen. We've talked about this topic with them actually when the older saw the first dust-up a little while back on facebook shoulder surfing Mrs Monkey.

But I'm probably in the minority here.

With all due respect, I would hope so.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "Those damn white people and their"

*Buys plane ticket*

*Flies to Beijing*

*Visits restaurant*

*Cracks open Chinese fortune cookie*

"....environmentalism".

xjoBCJV.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What a headline.

White Supremacists Work to Get 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Director James Gunn Fired

Definitely seeing a lot of the same people that called others "snowflakes" acting super-offended by Gunn's really bad jokes. I guess when the other person has that "D" after their name, values mean nothing.

Meh...I've been saying for awhile now, the left is creating a monster they won't appreciate when it's turned on them. People are people. It'd be nice if we could leave the lynch mob mentality to the left but people often resort to least common denominator behavior.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Media doing what they do... spinning the event to be some "alt-right" doing

That's.. not what happened.

Media getting worse and worse... more and more egregious with the lying... more and more divisive. Has to come to a head at some point.

DirwxOnVAAAVY4N.jpg:small

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Meh...I've been saying for awhile now, the left is creating a monster they won't appreciate when it's turned on them. People are people. It'd be nice if we could leave the lynch mob mentality to the left but people often resort to least common denominator behavior.

Oh no doubt... Those who enthusiastically administer purity tests shouldn't be surprised when they eventually fail one.

At the same time, and only tangentially related... seeing the people that went after him, excusing this as "we have to take our country back".... *****, you have the white house, senate, house, and SCOTUS... stop acting like a ****ing victim. If you don't like them coming after you, don't go after them for jokes. People will do whatever it takes to "take the other side down" right now. Anonymity on the internet is becoming more and more important.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Media getting worse and worse... more and more egregious with the lying... more and more divisive. Has to come to a head at some point.

You mean mike cernovich isn’t the one who dug up those old tweets and put them out there?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Kind of developing a French Revolution feel, where at first the ultimate punishment of the Guillotine was reserved for true enemies of the new order, but morphed into La Terreur. Guess where we are now on that timeline

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Great! They couldn't have waited until the GOTG franchise had worn out its welcome? No longer looking forward to volume 3.:xmad:

It’s a shame. GOTG is one of the best in the Marvel universe. And that’s saying a lot. I don’t like mob justice, but you strip all of that away, and we’re still left with a guy who said some pretty vile stuff in the past working for Disney, a company which tries to bill itself as a family-oriented movie studio. I can see why they fired him.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom