• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Exercising restraint and taking care of yourself is 'privilege' now.

Yeah, you Thin-Privilege people like to think that you got where you are through self-discipline and strength, but the rest of us aren't fooled. We know that you were born with that Thin-Privilege metabolism that lets you eat whatever you want, as much as you want, and to always stay thin.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Come on... it really isn't. We can't keep going down that rabbit hole. It should never be appropriate or "okay" to be retroactively outraged at a comedian's jokes... regardless of who they are.

You're right. But that is the current tactic of the left, so turnabout is deliciously fair play. Mutually assured destruction only works if there is mutual destruction.

Where's the #metoo movement today? Seems like it got awfully quiet after quite a few liberals got a taste of their own medicine.

Those mainly concerned with their own virtue may not have noticed that there is a cultural war going on. And all is fair in love and war.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If this headline had any other race, the writer would be fired and blacklisted.

Div5MKQXsAAFMYG.jpg:small
    I read the the article and agreed on four of his 12...

But still, come'on... how is this acceptable? Actually, I think it should be acceptable and it should be acceptable to have any race listed.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The only way people are going to learn the effects of their actions, is when those same actions are applied to them.
    Just like enforcing stupid laws. Enforce them for everyone, so they can see how stupid they are, then repeal them.

I think it just shows them how effective the tool is. Both sides are very aware of how easy it is to go after someone's livelihood. Rubbing someone's face in it is just a really bad gamble that it'll never happen to your side (it will, always, you can't win this gamble.)

Pandora's Box is already open, and this method of taking people down will never go away. I feel like the more consistent and right position to take is to be 100% against the use of it... rather than partaking in the schadenfreude of it all. While you may not be able to prevent it from happening to you, at least you won't look worse when it does.

I'm sure I haven't been immune to this in the past... but I'm seeing how bad it's getting, how unfair it is, and not seeing the humor in it anymore.

We don't want to be the UK. We don't want to be humorless prudes. We don't want to jail people for jokes.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That's okay. Every SJW in the country is mentally adding them to how they perceive you anyway. They're going to assume that you identify as Hitler and I hope they will have the courtesy to use the preferred Hitler pronouns when addressing you.
    What would Hitler's preferred pronoun have been? :dunno:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think it just shows them how effective the tool is. Both sides are very aware of how easy it is to go after someone's livelihood. Rubbing someone's face in it is just a really bad gamble that it'll never happen to your side (it will, always, you can't win this gamble.)

Pandora's Box is already open, and this method of taking people down will never go away. I feel like the more consistent and right position to take is to be 100% against the use of it... rather than partaking in the schadenfreude of it all. While you may not be able to prevent it from happening to you, at least you won't look worse when it does.

I'm sure I haven't been immune to this in the past... but I'm seeing how bad it's getting, how unfair it is, and not seeing the humor in it anymore.

We don't want to be the UK. We don't want to be humorless prudes. We don't want to jail people for jokes.

https://townhall.com/columnists/kur...n-the-face-of-liberal-social-fascism-n2502684
    Conservatives Reject Unilateral Disarmament In The Face Of Liberal Social Fascism

Cultural war is hell, and I propose it be hell first and foremost on the liberals who started it.

I want people to be able to say what they want. I think it’s an awful idea to persecute folks for saying controversial stuff. I want people to not do that. But here’s the catch – I want all people not to do that, not just us conservatives.

Except I’ve been outvoted by people like the aforementioned James Gunn. He likes the idea of persecuting people for what they say. Well, he liked it. Now that he’s no longer directing the next space raccoon movie, he probably likes it a lot less. Weird how that works out. Yeah, the Lottery is loads of fun until you draw the slip of paper with the black spot.

I don’t like it, but the New Rules are what the New Rules are, and I propose we cram them down the left’s throat to make the foie gras of liberty.

The elite won’t stop it, so it again falls to the Normals to solve the problem. We’re fighting back. No more free passes. No more high road taking – which is often just a way to avoid conflict. No more Mr. Nice Cons.
    Here’s the deal.
    We owe them no respect.
    We owe them no obedience.
    They are not our moral superiors.
    If they come for us, we come back for two of them.

The New Rules are stupid, but they are the rules, and the only way the Old Rules can come back is if everyone agrees to them. And that requires we deal the pain.

[Color emphasis is mine]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is that an "approved" word now.....?

Asking for a friend

Not filtered by the forum, and has tame-enough conversational context, and not being directed at anyone in a negative manner.

Not for me to judge, but I feel comfortable enough posting it.

Obviously it's a negative slur, but there are worse.

Either way... went ahead and blocked it out. It's unimportant to the post, anyway.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Not filtered by the forum, and has tame-enough conversational context, and not being directed at anyone in a negative manner.

Not for me to judge, but I feel comfortable enough posting it.

Obviously it's a negative slur, but there are worse.

Either way... went ahead and blocked it out. It's unimportant to the post, anyway.

Friend was mainly curious cause if it's approved, it's added to the list of double standards

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom