Southside Indy

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Better to be psychologically androgynous? How would they know what is better? It's like my bit on evolution and social entropy, it's not at all clear that humanity can continue by overriding all the evolutionary wiring they're trying to override. I think yin and yang both think they're full of ****.

And that's why I am an unapologetic advocate for not becoming a social activist hell bent on changing society. It fails the "what if you're full of ****" test. I think it's better for long term viability to slow progression to a pace where "progress" isn't too far beyond the understanding of the evolved instincts we want to override.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Might belong in the literally fake news thread.

Great clickbait headline CNBC.

rvyzkh6dh0b21.jpg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Nah, men are out working entry-level jobs that expose them to danger, the elements and....more money.

Choices. We all make choices.

No, I was done told in another thread that you don't have a choice especially if you work for the .gov (it's like slavery with extra steps)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, I was done told in another thread that you don't have a choice especially if you work for the .gov (it's like slavery with extra steps)

Yeah, but that was talking about a Hobson's choice in a context for which the choice must be to accept politicians using your employment for political benefit, or finding another job. The answer to that is two obvious things: politicians shouldn't have the power to use your livelihood as political leverage like that. And possibly as important, government shouldn't be so big that it's such an attractive thing to use as leverage.

But the kinds of choices that we're talking about here, if you want to make more money, you have to work in a job which pays more money, and you have to compete with the other people in that job market for those jobs. If you want to be a CEO, you have to have all the attributes which propels a person to be able to compete at that level. None of that is really a Hobson's choice. There are many choices, all of which have good and bad which people have to weigh. And the case that women weigh choices differently from men is not evidence of some patriarchy oppressing them.

In one of the paragraphs, it said that women make 99% of men what men do in the same job. That 1% difference can't be completely attributed to oppression either. Women aren't usually as willing to work longer hours as men are. So I guess they're going to adopt the same dumb ass policies that are vogue in corporate America and assume that they need to adopt discriminatory hiring practices to get as close to 50% representation of women in the work force. Well, how about looking at the availability in the job market?

How many qualified female executive level candidates in the market compared with men? I think the disparity there has a lot more to do with the differences in choices that men and women make in the workforce. Maybe some of those choices are forced due to social constructs which are less valid today than they were years ago. It's not zero, but it's not a lot either. It still boils down to how willing are you to do the jobs which pay more.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    BTW, was out of town for part of the holidays. At the hotel I was staying in, there was a dude cleaning the rooms. NEVER saw that before. We always stay at the same hotel when we go there. Rooms are always clean. But I have to admit, the dude wasn't as good at it.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    BTW, was out of town for part of the holidays. At the hotel I was staying in, there was a dude cleaning the rooms. NEVER saw that before. We always stay at the same hotel when we go there. Rooms are always clean. But I have to admit, the dude wasn't as good at it.

Are you assuming it's gender? :dunno:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Your wife described this differently:

Dear Penthouse Forum,

I never thought this would happen to me....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom