Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It will be interesting to see if there is a level of star power on the left that allows that person to deviate from 'orthodoxy'. I wonder if it will make a difference that she is also a member of the LGBT community that Mr Hart supposedly harmed

I'm also a bit surprised that with Mr Hart being a PoC, intersectionality doesn't seem to be having much mitigating effect. Wondering when the first guillotine will be constructed in Beverly Hills

Considering that her "coming out" on her tv show opened the door for a lot of the LGBTQ community (and again, like her or not - that was taking a huge risk back then), it's telling that the same people that had always praised her and looked up to her wasted no time in turning on her. I think she has a lot more gravitas than her newly minted "critics". She at least has the sense to realize that when Hart said what he did, things were viewed differently, and accepted that he had apologized (although personally I don't think he needed to).

The LGBTQ community calling her out for this is a little like POC calling Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. an Uncle Tom IMHO.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Can't believe they're still talking about a dude that said, essentially, "that's gay" a while back.

Months later, this is still news somehow.

I think the issue was more with him saying that he, as a heterosexual man, would do everything he could to keep his son from becoming gay.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Wondering when the first guillotine will be constructed in Beverly Hills

I know who I want to be fed to it first.

kathy-griffin-trump-beheading-640x480.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Can't believe they're still talking about a dude that said, essentially, "that's gay" a while back.

Months later, this is still news somehow.

I must confess failure to pay careful attention to this, but I thought he said something to the effect that if he had a son who wanted to play with dolls he would tell him no because that was gay. I think his thought crime was objecting to the indoctrination of the young about gender being a continuum rather than a particular state and intimating that being gay might not be desirable

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Won't spend too much time on this one, but it's been hilarious to watch news and game journos lose their **** and twist over this story.

10 months being a top 10 male Overwatch player. Yet he can't get into a pro team. So he spent 10 days pretending to be a top 10 female Overwatch player named Ellie. instantly put on a team, no questions asked, no identity required, media coordinates articles against anyone suspicious of it. Turns out to be a guy in disguise. The media now coordinates articles about how this stunt makes it more difficult to be a pro female player.

That's the story of Ellie.

3YxbWdX.png

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ellen DeGeneres facing backlash after Kevin Hart interview. Like her or not, I was both glad and a little surprised at her stance on this. And not surprised that the SJWs are not pleased.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ellen-backlash-kevin-hart-interview-1173135

She's a standup comic who came up before all the SJW bull****. I'm not all that surprised that she'd want to play a reasonable position where it concerns the profession which got her to where she is. A lot of comedians can see the logical conclusion of this, which is essentially, the only comedy today where it is politically correct to tell insulting jokes is when the joke is on people they disagree with.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Since not everyone tends to like long-form episodes... there's a YouTube channel called "JREClips" that cuts out segments from Joe Rogan episodes.

This is from today's episode, "When did SJW culture start?"

[video=youtube_share;2e9VYf9FKHo]https://youtu.be/2e9VYf9FKHo[/video]

And another from today, "The Redefinition of Racism"

[video=youtube;7j57204BDL4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j57204BDL4[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Blizzard has been getting criticism lately for some shady practices.

Best way to get out of that?

Go on record that another Overwatch character is gay. Boom, all is forgotten.

That's how you do it. Make a game, and three years later tell people a character is gay. That's definitely legit and not virtue signaling at all.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Blizzard has been getting criticism lately for some shady practices.

Best way to get out of that?

Go on record that another Overwatch character is gay. Boom, all is forgotten.

That's how you do it. Make a game, and three years later tell people a character is gay. That's definitely legit and not virtue signaling at all.

If virtue-signaling appeases the influencers to the point that they overlook shady stuff in exchange for some faux virtue, I can't blame the shady people for exploiting it. I can blame them for the shady stuff though.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If virtue-signaling appeases the influencers to the point that they overlook shady stuff in exchange for some faux virtue, I can't blame the shady people for exploiting it. I can blame them for the shady stuff though.

There are a lot of people out there saying things like "straight people so mad at this". Honestly, it just shows that these scummy PR tactics work. It's manipulative, and actual gay people should feel like they're being taken advantage of.

It's prime queerbait. It just shows "announcing" someone is gay is enough for them, and no one is questioning how ****ed it is to do this for PR points. The "LGB" community should be upset that Blizzard thinks they're naive enough to be used as a tool for a cynical PR stunt to draw attention away from their recent ****-ups.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There are a lot of people out there saying things like "straight people so mad at this". Honestly, it just shows that these scummy PR tactics work. It's manipulative, and actual gay people should feel like they're being taken advantage of.

It's prime queerbait. It just shows "announcing" someone is gay is enough for them, and no one is questioning how ****ed it is to do this for PR points. The "LGB" community should be upset that Blizzard thinks they're naive enough to be used as a tool for a cynical PR stunt to draw attention away from their recent ****-ups.

I don't play Overwatch so I don't know the characters. And, I don't wanna stereotype, but did they at least make the ghayest character gay?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't play Overwatch so I don't know the characters. And, I don't wanna stereotype, but did they at least make the ghayest character gay?

Nope. One of the manlier characters, Soldier 76... the grizzled war vet.

Going through the list of male characters... I figured they'd go with Lucio or Junkrat for the gay card. But S76 is super-popular, so that's far more newsworthy. Only two "straight white male" types remain.

We're coming to a day where 4% of the population will be represented by 70% of video games/movies/TV/book characters.

Doomfist is black, so they already have that covered. Wouldn't make sense to be gay.
    Genji is mostly cyborg.
    Hanzo is japanese.
    Junkrat is an Australian anarchist.
    McCree is an American bounty hunter, a "western" guy.
    Reaper is an American mercenary and terrorist.
    Soldier 76 is an American soldier/vigilante, generally "good guy", born in rural Indiana.
    Torbjorn is a Swedish dwarf.
    Reinhardt is a German soldier, heavy crusader-type.
    Roadhog is a giant pig-man.
    Winston is a gorilla.
    Lucio is a brazilian DJ and freedom fighter.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Nope. One of the manlier characters, Soldier 76... the grizzled war vet.

Going through the list of male characters... I figured they'd go with Lucio or Junkrat for the gay card. But S76 is super-popular, so that's far more newsworthy. Only two "straight white male" types remain.

We're coming to a day where 4% of the population will be represented by 70% of video games/movies/TV/book characters.

Hey, we still got B.J. Blazkowicz killin' Nazis!

Oh wait, he's been replaced by two women.

So help me if GTA 6 is PC...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom