GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Last night I turned on the TV at 11:59:45 pm, watched the count down and switched it off at 12:00:15 am. That 30 seconds was more than enough.

Heh! Yeah, at the approach of midnight, my wife was already in bed and my son came out of his room at abut that same time and asked if we were going to watch the ball drop. I looked at the clock on my iPad and told him "Happy New Year". :D. We both laughed.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    He is actually a she, and wants to wrestle in the boys division but isn't allowed. But yes she is taking testosterone which should ban her from competing.

Then the gender nonsense should be secondary. If the kid is using testosterone or synthetic analogs, they're banned performance enhancing substances for virtually every amateur sport. Should be tested and if the test fails, disqualified.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Then the gender nonsense should be secondary. If the kid is using testosterone or synthetic analogs, they're banned performance enhancing substances for virtually every amateur sport. Should be tested and if the test fails, disqualified.

But that's not how it works now.
    Reality is malleable.
    And those of us that think reality is reality, and not malleable, well we're dinosaurs.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

While I agree I believe most amateur sports also have an exception if the drugs are "medically necessary" which is why this kid is allowed to be on them and still compete.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    While I agree I believe most amateur sports also have an exception if the drugs are "medically necessary" which is why this kid is allowed to be on them and still compete.

If a minor is mutilated in that manner and it's deemed "medically necessary," our society is in deep, deep trouble.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That option is too quick. Let her suffer as a poor person that no one wants to be around.
    A lifetime living with the gnawing bitterness over a career lost would indeed be a worse fate than being immediately released from a suddenly much harder life.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Good Morning.

Let's begin 2019 with some particularly stupid ****.

Retroactive outrage is the dumbest clickbait outrage.

Dv4Dv3jVYAEvWgN.jpg:small

Dv4Dv3jVAAAdjyQ.jpg:small

Dv4Dv3mUUAALzyT.jpg:small

Dv4Dv3jVsAAmFlK.jpg:small

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    On that topic, there's a new fake outrage about Louis CK.

Louis C.K. Stirs Outrage With Jokes About Parkland Shooting Survivors, Gender Identity Issues

Let's be honest, they're going after him because they still think he's a "#MeToo" figure that needs to be taken down. These people never listened to CK's comedy before 2018 if they're pretending to be offended by it now.

I disagree, partially.

If he had come out properly grovelling and his comedy went super "woke", he would be welcomed back in.

You put his #metoo issue together with, essentially, no apology and then doing "problematic" comedy....which, while harshly worded, is based in truth, and he's a target.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    On that topic, there's a new fake outrage about Louis CK.

Louis C.K. Stirs Outrage With Jokes About Parkland Shooting Survivors, Gender Identity Issues

Let's be honest, they're going after him because they still think he's a "#MeToo" figure that needs to be taken down. These people never listened to CK's comedy before 2018 if they're pretending to be offended by it now.

You can listen to the set here. Not going to embed the YouTube - because language, obviously.

Pretty much classic Louis CK.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Rogan episode 1219 with Bill Burr does a lot of talking about SJW culture around halfway in... talking about how people justify bullying and trying to get people fired for having a different opinion. Lot of recent examples discussed, looking at how irrational the hard-left is.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Rogan episode 1219 with Bill Burr does a lot of talking about SJW culture around halfway in... talking about how people justify bullying and trying to get people fired for having a different opinion. Lot of recent examples discussed, looking at how irrational the hard-left is.

Unfortunately rationality isn’t an attribute to be sought by the SJWs as the deconstruction of rationalism itself renders it “problematic”. Excuse it away as a tool used by social institutions to oppress women, trans, and PoC, and we now have a framework where their social theories need not be validated, and must be accepted to avoid being immoral. “Bat **** Crazy” could very well be a future battle cry for SJWs.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    He is actually a she, and wants to wrestle in the boys division but isn't allowed. But yes she is taking testosterone which should ban her from competing.

Next time the Texas teen who is winning the girls' wrestling title come up, remember that she was born a girl and is trying to become a boy. Per Texas rules, you compete in the category listed on your birth certificate. So, yes, she is taking male hormones and is being forced (not her choice) to compete against girls (though I doubt she'd do so well against the boys). I doubt you get too many boys, in Texas, who are trying to become girls and competing in the boys' bracket.

Conversely, Michigan lets one compete in the category that one "feels" like leading to situations where boys who would be girls are dominating the girls but finishing at levels below the last place spots on the boys' side of the competition.

Either way, doped up girls who are forced to compete against girls are going to dominate or boys who are brimming with testosterone (because the one kid I saw was definitely not on any sort of suppressor) who choose to compete against girls are going to do quite well (the MI one is a track runner, as I recall, but got edged out of the top spot after knocking a bunch of biological females out of the running).

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

That was a good episode, as well as the interview with Gad Saad a week or so prior. They got much more into the weeds with some specific examples from academia.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It will be interesting to see if there is a level of star power on the left that allows that person to deviate from 'orthodoxy'. I wonder if it will make a difference that she is also a member of the LGBT community that Mr Hart supposedly harmed

I'm also a bit surprised that with Mr Hart being a PoC, intersectionality doesn't seem to be having much mitigating effect. Wondering when the first guillotine will be constructed in Beverly Hills

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom