• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I traded for one a few weeks ago. It's impressively awesome for what it is.

Who has one? What do you shoot with it?

It's impractical, it's stupidly heavy and fires something throughly ridiculous for anyone not hunting lion seals. Give me a reason to keep it, INGO.

It's not for sale, just want the feedback.
    1727893014338.jpeg

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Because it is bigger than .45. I always thought this was the reason for keeping a bigger gun. Can you buy better calibers in revolvers? Yea, but it’s still not a 50 cal semi auto.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Because it is bigger than .45. I always thought this was the reason for keeping a bigger gun. Can you buy better calibers in revolvers? Yea, but it’s still not a 50 cal semi auto.
    Considering the trouble they had getting the .50 AE past the ATF I would doubt we will see anything larger. They had to change the design of the case as to not be labeled "weapon of mass destruction".

When will these alphabet people learn this will just increase sales? On the other hand, don't tell them...

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    The Desert Eagle is clearly a "Because I Want It" gun. There's no practical use for one, but that doesn't make it any less awesome. If you get one, it has to be the .50, because that's just maximum awesome. The .357 and .44 are misguided attempts to inject practicality into a platform that will never be practical.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I had a early import 357 magnum (sn 7888, don’t know why I can remember that number, I sold the gun about 30 years ago) think I paid 550 for it used, I bought a scope mount, a desert eagle shoulder holster and might have got a 3rd mag for it.

It was fun, but impractical, the funnest thing I did with it was load 6 357 mag, and one silver tip hollow point and hand it to a guy to shoot…6 booms and one “kaboom!” With a fireball that looked like flame thrower, and smoke like a mushroom could!…he handed it back to me and said “no more!”

Of all the guns I got rid of…that the one I mis most!…but being young, and needing to pay for a car repair…I had to sell it

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I had a early import 357 magnum (sn 7888, don’t know why I can remember that number, I sold the gun about 30 years ago) think I paid 550 for it used, I bought a scope mount, a desert eagle shoulder holster and might have got a 3rd mag for it.

It was fun, but impractical, the funnest thing I did with it was load 6 357 mag, and one silver tip hollow point and hand it to a guy to shoot…6 booms and one “kaboom!” With a fireball that looked like flame thrower, and smoke like a mushroom could!…he handed it back to me and said “no more!”

Of all the guns I got rid of…that the one I mis most!…but being young, and needing to pay for a car repair…I had to sell it

I also bought one of the early imports in the 80s and still have it. Enjoyed shooting it and bought some extra mags. Took it up to Kent Lomont's place one day where it absorbed a lot of his 357 "ammo", he had a berm in a barn for testing. At the end of the day we were both happy with it's performance. Still have some of that ammo.

Later I bought the 44 version, but didn't find that as reliable and sold it.

Never owned the 50.

jaredj1994

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2024
    Indianapolis
    I traded for one a few weeks ago. It's impressively awesome for what it is.

Who has one? What do you shoot with it?

It's impractical, it's stupidly heavy and fires something throughly ridiculous for anyone not hunting lion seals. Give me a reason to keep it, INGO.

It's not for sale, just want the feedback.
    Keep it because hand cannon, I love its cameo in the movie Snatch

Top Bottom